saying hello

Options
Hi, I'm 44 yrs old and have been working at losing 75 pounds for the last 6 or so years. I lost 50 but then about 2 years ago I regained 20 of that back. I lost 10 of that and am now back to needing to lose 30 or so to reach my goal. I run, I do a bootcamp/circuit training type class twice a week, and would like to become consistent with yoga and weight training. I honestly struggle with the food end of things. I know what I should eat and how much but I tend to go overboard at random times. This can be a one meal deal or when I am annoyed or frustrated with myself it can become a week binge. I attend WW meetings weekly but find myself needing a place to check in more often.

Replies

• zoom2
    zoom2 Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    Hey, girlfriend! (Cherrie and I log our workouts on the same site) :flowerforyou:

I'm in kind of the same boat as Cherrie. Lost significant weight (60#s), then regained some...started running in the hopes that that would help, but it made matters worse, since running absolutely makes me ravenous. I lose better when I am riding my bike a lot, but that is impossible during the Winters in MI.

I used to log my calories on Fitday.com, but it was a PITA, since I was always adding new things not already in the database. MFP is brilliant. I love that most of our store brands are already in the database added by other users and even 2 of my favorite beers! :drinker: I also am loving not having to do Math every day to figure out calories in and calories out.

Great to be here! :happy:
  • livindia
    Options
    Hi, I'm 47 and am struggling with the same 50 lbs. for the last 6 years. I lost twenty gained back 25 then lost 20 again and have now gained the 20 back! I love checking in on MFP, this is the first time I've added exercise and have tracked food And exercise. The food end is really hard, today was hard. Today I randomly ate 3 consecutive bowls of cereal, not a good thing. Wow,it sounds like you exercise a lot! Anyway, I'm really liking MFP, it's nice to meet you.