Feeling very down

Options
FitJoani
FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
Ok all since we are all like a big happy family, I am asking for a little cheerin up. I know I have NO REASON whatsoever to feel so down cause I have gotten my wt down as much as I should. I just cant help it. I think cause its summer and blazing hot and I tried my darndest(i slipped a couple times tho) to work off the remainder of my wt and cause my plateau is barely leaving I am not near my goal for my goal. With the skimpy fasion styles plaguing my eys, I feel even worse. I know I have come very very very very far and I am VERY proud of that, but I just wanna feel confident. I unfortunately live in an area where guys and girls alike wont hesitate to call you fat if you arent a size 2 or less, and I hear it even when I am minding my own beeswax running, eating, or even driving home from work. It makes me feel sooo bad, and I wish it didnt. I also have that icky yucky bad feeling that the guy I am dating(I just so hate the word boyfriend) would rather have someone skinnier and more attractive, cause thats the way STRANGERS make me feel. I know this is just a super bad case of the blues, cause we all go thru them, but I just want or well need advice on how to break out of it. I thank you wonderful MFP buddies in advance you are all so supportive!!!

Replies

• FitJoani
    Options
    Ok all since we are all like a big happy family, I am asking for a little cheerin up. I know I have NO REASON whatsoever to feel so down cause I have gotten my wt down as much as I should. I just cant help it. I think cause its summer and blazing hot and I tried my darndest(i slipped a couple times tho) to work off the remainder of my wt and cause my plateau is barely leaving I am not near my goal for my goal. With the skimpy fasion styles plaguing my eys, I feel even worse. I know I have come very very very very far and I am VERY proud of that, but I just wanna feel confident. I unfortunately live in an area where guys and girls alike wont hesitate to call you fat if you arent a size 2 or less, and I hear it even when I am minding my own beeswax running, eating, or even driving home from work. It makes me feel sooo bad, and I wish it didnt. I also have that icky yucky bad feeling that the guy I am dating(I just so hate the word boyfriend) would rather have someone skinnier and more attractive, cause thats the way STRANGERS make me feel. I know this is just a super bad case of the blues, cause we all go thru them, but I just want or well need advice on how to break out of it. I thank you wonderful MFP buddies in advance you are all so supportive!!!
  • Caramel Cutie
    Options
    Okay! You asked for it!!:bigsmile: First of all, your weight and looks do not define you as a person. Anyone who calls you FAT aloud in public needs to be slapped and their lips need to be sealed with super glue!:laugh: But, seriously, you are basing your image on people around you and that's not good. God put us all in different gift bodies becasue we are unique and special!:heart: Just keep working out and eating right and you'll be fabulously fit before you know it! And, let me tell you something about boyfriends---if your man is concentrating on skinny NOW :angry: he's going to do it later, and we all know that age changes everything! You are a FABULOUS DIVA!!! Strut your stuff, girl! Here's to your success!:drinker:
  • wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    Wolfdreamer..I have a feeling this case of the blues will pass very quickly for you. Take a moment to re-read your profile -- I just did and you sound like an amazing, healthy, cheerful young woman who has made HUGE strides in her personal life.

I know that you know already to be proud of where you are and how far you have come. But another key is to not pay any attention at all to what other people are saying (or what you perceive them to be saying). Remember, everybody (and I do mean EVERYBODY) spends their lives thinking primarily of themselves...trust me, they are NOT thinking about you for more than a minute. I mean this in a good way. Let it all go...be the CHAMPION of your own life and stop worrying about what others think!

This is coming from someone who lives in what is probably the toughest city in the world for self-esteem issues: Los Angeles. You can throw a carrot stick and hit a supermodel-looking girl everywhere you go. If I started to compare myself to the women in this town, I would never want to leave my house (or put on a bathing suit). But I really do that no-one can make you feel inferior without your permission.

Lace up your tennies, hold your head up and keep on doing what you're doing!
  • Caramel Cutie
    Options
    Wolfdreamer..I have a feeling this case of the blues will pass very quickly for you. Take a moment to re-read your profile -- I just did and you sound like an amazing, healthy, cheerful young woman who has made HUGE strides in her personal life.

I know that you know already to be proud of where you are and how far you have come. But another key is to not pay any attention at all to what other people are saying (or what you perceive them to be saying). Remember, everybody (and I do mean EVERYBODY) spends their lives thinking primarily of themselves...trust me, they are NOT thinking about you for more than a minute. I mean this in a good way. Let it all go...be the CHAMPION of your own life and stop worrying about what others think!

This is coming from someone who lives in what is probably the toughest city in the world for self-esteem issues: Los Angeles. You can throw a carrot stick and hit a supermodel-looking girl everywhere you go. If I started to compare myself to the women in this town, I would never want to leave my house (or put on a bathing suit). But I really do that no-one can make you feel inferior without your permission.

Lace up your tennies, hold your head up and keep on doing what you're doing!
    AMEN, SISTER!!!!!:heart:
  • gabi_ele
    gabi_ele Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Ok here is what I think... You have done a great job already and even if you're not at your goal ,you are in much better shape and a lot healthier then you were bevore. I don't know where you live but if possible move :laugh: it seems there are a lot of shallow people there, and that makes my point. I am more then just a shell, I am intelligent, loving , kind , compassionat human beeing and so are you. So if someone doesn't like you the way you look now, he doesn't deserve you when you're at your goal:mad: A lot in live can be acomplished with attitude, sometimes we have to fake it.
    ok that's my 2 cents ... you could also find a big guy and stamnd next to him and you'd look little like I did:laugh:
  • FitJoani
    Options
    thank you all for your wonderful advice!!! You are such a wonderful support group!!!!
  • bleachcse
    bleachcse Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Can I just say that you look great. Just so you know, I envy you. Yes there are people out there that look at you like you look at those skinny skimpy dressed girls. I hope that I can be as successful as you. Just think about that for a minute and I know that will make you feel better. You're an inspriration to others. I know it's tough, but look at how far you've come. You've still got a little ways to go, but you've conquered so much. And you are not FAT! You're just not a string bean, and probably don't want to be.
  • Lavendersunday
    Lavendersunday Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Within you is beauty and truth. :flowerforyou: :happy:

What can compete with that?

Know what is within :heart: ...rather than the meaningless of what is without :devil:

~Namaste :flowerforyou:
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    Are you feeling better?:flowerforyou:

I hope so.

Never, ever, EVER let others get you down. People only say mean things because they have issues with themselves. I am very proud of you and you are a wonderful person. Beauty is nothing on the outside if you aren't on the inside. I know several people who aren't the best looking but yet everyone, and I mean, EVERYONE wants to be around them and with them. That is because they are incredible people. You have come so very far and you have both internal and external beauty. Your friends here wouldn't lie. Just keep swimming....just keep swimming...

Hugs to you

Jonell
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    awww hon...just saw this....today is not as fun as yesterday...not much playing at work for me...:frown:

and hearing that you're feeling blue...double bummer!!!

hugs and I wanna know too...feeling any better?

you are such a cool chick...I just wanted to tell you that....

big hugs!
    Ali :flowerforyou:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Hey wolfie!!

You are an amazing girl doing an amazing job and you LOOK amazing!!!

Did I say you are amazing??? :wink:

Anyway, I hope you are feeling better! You are awesome and deserve to feel great about yourself.

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    Tam
  • FitJoani
    Options
    Hey all!!! Thank you for the kind words. I am feeling a little better. I am not chipper and cheerful but I am better. Thank you asll for helping me I love you guys!!!!