vitamins and shape ups

Options
first wanna know if anyone has used shape ups religously and saw results??

sec i was thinking of taking vitamins and mostly drinking my calories and getting my stuff through drinking stuff. basically not eating as much if anything through out the day but still getting what i need. like first doing that and not exercising but later after losing more start eating and exercising. what are your thoughts??

Replies

• katzplay62
    Options
    My sister bought some shape ups and doesn't like them. They're too cushy and don't have the stability and support for her. Unfortunately she'd worn them outside and is now stuck with them.

Cheers

Kat
  • adrienne4791
    Options
    I have a friend that shape-ups has helped but she doesn't wear them all the time. But as far as the liquid diet (drinking calories) , I personally think it would be healthier to keep track of calories and get at least 20-30 minutes of exercise a day. Just to get your body used to it. And if you use shape-ups and work out, you may see results like my friend. She didn't lose alot of weight but she did notice a difference in her energy level. Hope that helps!
  • TiniTurtle
    TiniTurtle Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    are you meaning like a liquid fast?
    i know a few people who bought shape ups (i'm in nursing school, so some of my classmates bought them) & they say they feel a difference in their legs, but mostly they're uncomfortable and it takes a little getting used to walking in them.
  • MeghanAM
    MeghanAM Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I didn't have shape-ups, but I had MBTs which have a similar design. They did work.

Obviously you can't go in expecting to get results while sitting around, but I did a lot of walking, and I believe that the shoes really amplified the effects, especially for my thighs and butt!
  • inspirashley
    Options
    Hey! I love my Shape-Ups! I'm a nurse, so I wear them at work. I have noticed that my back feels better on the days I wear my shape-ups! As for toning...it's hard to say because I've always had toned legs due to taking and teaching ballet for so long. But I think they are a great shoe for support and comfort.

About the liquid diet, please be careful. One, it's more difficult to get the necessary fiber your body needs to stay cleaned out with a liquid diet. Two, it can be harder to stick with because people start craving something to munch. And third, liquid diets can actually produce weight gain because many juices and so called "health drinks" are laden with calories! If you want to try liquids, make sure you are getting a good amount of protein and fiber. Maybe just eat one regular meal a day at least? Try a great healthy salad with lean protein on it for lunch, and then decide on a healthy liquid meal replacement for breakfast and dinner. It might be easier to stick to, and is sure to be better for you than a straight liquid diet. Good luck! I hope you get the results you are looking for!
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    first wanna know if anyone has used shape ups religously and saw results??

sec i was thinking of taking vitamins and mostly drinking my calories and getting my stuff through drinking stuff. basically not eating as much if anything through out the day but still getting what i need. like first doing that and not exercising but later after losing more start eating and exercising. what are your thoughts??
    What are you trying to shape? Lower body? Do squats and lunges for butt. Anyways I have heard those shoes are unsafe for the body. Also drinking most of your calories shouldn't be an option. Your body will thank you for feeding it mostly whole foods.