quick and easy chili

Options
i found this recipe years ago in a magazine. it's called summer chili (only because its quick so you're not slaving over a hot stove in the summertime!) the main thing is instead of beef or ground turkey you use morningstar ground meat (vegitarian meat alternative). my boyfriend and friends had no idea it wasn't real meat and loved it!

when i make it i make a big pot of it and just eat the leftovers throughout the week. i don't remember some of the exact measurements because i've made it so many times i just do it to taste. its easy enough though. you can also pick and choose your beans according to your own personal preferance

ingrediants

1-2 large cans of crushed tomatos
1 large can of tomato paste
1 regular can of diced tomatos (optional)
1 can of kidney beans (drained and rinsed)
1 can of black beans (drained and rinsed)
2 mini cans of green chilis (i find them in the hispanic foods section in walmart)
1 medium onion, diced
2 garlic cloves, pressed
chili powder to taste
crushed red bell pepper seasoning
1 bag of morningstar or boca ground meat alternative

you basically just throw all of it except the meat alternative together into a big pan and cook on medium heat. how long you cook it depends on how thick you like your chili. i've learned it doesn't take very long for it to get to a decent thickness because of the beans and the crushed tomatos. once its all heated just open the bag of meat and throw it right into the pot! no cooking required! the meat alternative absorbes a lot of the sauce too. my boyfriend likes to eat it with tortilla chips

Replies

• ameliashred
    Options
    This sounds fantastic!! do you know the nutritional facts (calories and such haha) by any chance??
  • Rick13207
    Options
    I put celery and salsa in my chili..along with lean ground beef. Rick in Indy