Hi from Chicago suburbs

Options
Hi I'm new to MFP downloaded the app a few days ago and now I'm addicted. I'm married to a garbage disposal who eats nothing but junk food 24/7 and doesn't gain a pound ugh sometimes I think I'm gaining the weight for both of us. Anyways I'm 33 mother of 2 and I just became a SAHM for the 1st time in my life. 2 years ago I quit smoking and my weight skyrocketed I managed to drop about 25 pounds the last few months but I’m still 40lbs overweight and this time I’m determined to get myself in shape so I can actually have fun at the pool with the kids this summer instead of hiding. I’m still trying to figure out how this MFP thing works but since most of my friends are not interested at all in joining or supporting I figured I would check out the support here.

Replies

• thebrookie
    Options
    We just started a few weeks ago and love it. Right now the best advice is make sure you double check values on store bought food. We have definitely noticed so discrepancy on quite a few and I like to be really spot on. I have 40lbs tom lose and my husband has 25. Of he is the hateful one, he loses a pound if he sneezes and I gain a pound. So far, MFP seems really great just for motivation and really making you want to stay on track. Good luck!
  • jules777_us
    jules777_us Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss. So far I love what MFP is showing me and it has been good motivation I'm just hoping I can keep it up as well as I have been doing the last few days.
  • Spitfirex007
    Spitfirex007 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    Hi welcome to the community! This is a great place with a ton of info and tips.