General help questions

Options
Hi,

I've been having a few questions about what is appropriate to enter in your journal in terms of exercise. I'm a college student, and my only forms of exercise are walking to class and bowling (multiple times a week). I have my profile set as sedentary (spend most of the day sitting). Should I enter the time I spend walking to and from class as cardiovascular exercise (I walk on average 2 miles a day to and from class). As a side note, I generally try to limit my calorie intake to what my base goal is, and if I burn a few hundred calories from exercise, I try not to eat those back.

Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.

Replies

• yalisa0424
    yalisa0424 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Definately try and find an exercise in the databse that best matches your walks to and from class. Every little bit helps. Good luck!!
  • tompetty
    tompetty Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    If your profile is set as sedentary, I would definitely write in the walking if it's that much. If you ever change it to lightly active though, I'd skip it and only keep track of what is out of your normal routine. Good luck!
  • marniehodges
    Options
    I'm not an expert by an means, but I would say if you are walking at a brisk pace, enough to get your heart rate up, I would log it. Same with bowling. Good luck!