C25K question

Options
So I am hoping to do this in the Spring. But I have a couple questions, if you are running outside, how do you know how long you have ran/walked and when to change to the other, ect. If I had to look at a watch I would be so focused on getting the timing right I don't think I would do well at it. Also I would have to buy a watch!

Second, how do you know how far you have gone when you finish it all? Wouldn't everyone run a slightly different distance in the same amount of time. I guess I could drive out a route to measure it.

Anyways, any details you could give me about the program would be great as I can't wait to start it, but it's a little too cold right now. I have been doing some free run on the wii which is probably way different, but I am moving!

Thanks.

Replies

• BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    This website has the music you use for each week. It beeps at you when its time to switch up.

http://www.djsteveboy.com/1day25k.html
  • hozik
    hozik Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    In addition to djsteveboy, there are more free c25k podcasts on itunes. It's very helpful for timing the intervals. I did c25k this fall, loved it and surprised myself-didn't think a 200 pound girl could jog/run! Good luck to you this spring!
  • NanBar
    NanBar Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    If you have an iPhone. Or iPod touch. You can download the c25k app. It's awesome and it runs over your iPod so you
    Can use your own play lists. there are also free pod casts you can dowoad to your mp3.
    The goal is to run for 30 mins straight. Not nec. 3.14 miles. Your distance and pace will improve as you
    Run more. It is a tool to get you to the point where you can finish a 5k!
    Good luck!!
  • garedds
    garedds Posts: 251
    Options
    Thanks so much! I will look for them on itunes. I will have to use my daughters ipod, but she has room on it! I have to say we are not a very techie family. We just got her a 2nd hand ipod nano and it's the first ipod in the house!
  • elf618
    elf618 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    as for knowing how far you went, i use gmaps pedometer but there are lots of other websites like mapmyrun etc that will allow you to type in an address (or zip code or intersection) etc to bring up a map where you can track out your route. I love it to know how far I go around neighborhood streets.
  • ERapp01
    ERapp01 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I use Google Track app, it lets me know how far average speed, distance. I can track of my stats for the month. It's very motivating to know how many miles I have walked.