Exercising while fasting

adsumodo
adsumodo Posts: 38
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
On Sunday I'm going to be fasting from 7AM to 5:30PM in order to support my cousin. I'm still going to get all of my calories in, just divided differently. I want to go to the gym during this time. I usually go for about 45-60 minutes and do cardio, burning about 500ish cal. Would this be okay or should I go but in more moderation or should I just skip that day?

Replies

• tompetty
    tompetty Posts: 41 Member
    It'd be fine to go if you can get in early in the morning after having breakfast before 7, or if you can go as close to 5:30 as possible. Otherwise you risk overexerting yourself when your body has nothing to run on except water.
  • liscar
    liscar Posts: 311 Member
    I would make that day a "rest" day.....there's many more days you can work out, you can even double one day when you have a full calorie day. I double up when I know we are going out for the night, gives me extra wiggle room. I would just relax that day and focus on the reason you are fasting.
  • I would either rest that day or do it before 7am or after 5.30pm.

I know that if I try to do exercise having not eaten I don't feel too good.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    I would make that day a "rest" day.....there's many more days you can work out, you can even double one day when you have a full calorie day. I double up when I know we are going out for the night, gives me extra wiggle room. I would just relax that day and focus on the reason you are fasting.

I agree, take a day off.
  • janesmith1
    janesmith1 Posts: 1,511 Member
    Not eating tends to make me really hungry, tired, light headed. However, that said, I do exercise in the morning before I've eaten anything. So you could probably do it very early in the morning....then I'd eat afterwards or else you'll get super cold, tired, etc.
  • If it were me I would either take the day off or exercise after 5:30. I am STARVING after I work out . :smile:
This discussion has been closed.