family support

Options
kangakev
kangakev Posts: 2,430 Member
announced my new diet and weight loss thus far to family members...no real feedback from them..guess they so used to me being the family blimp..not to worry..doing this for myself. family support would be nice..but can you really expect it from people who have never had weight problems.

Replies

• aaronwcheney
    Options
    Well I feel you there I am 4 weeks in and for once I am about being healthy because of me aswell. I also chose to go Vegan and everyone thinks I am off my rocker. I say they will be happy once they see your happy. Keep up the positive outlook and lets stick it out! :smile:
  • jaitken_22
    jaitken_22 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I have been doing this since 3rd January 2011, my mum thinks this is a phase and I feel she will expect me to fail, but I have lost a few pounds so far and proved her wrong and I will continue to prove her and everyone else wrong! I hate when you tell people that you're doing this and they just laugh, yeah I am, and I feel good from losing weight, but just what are they doing eh!? Keep doing this and when you begin to lose weight they will congratulate you and you will also definitely get a lot of support through here! Remember you are doing this for yourself and no one else!