Help finding Sports Bra

Options
Hello, I was wondering if anyone out there may be able to suggest a good, yet affordable (if there is such s thing) sports bra. I have a large bust size and this makes jogging, running, jumping jacks, etc. (esp. jumping rope - which I love) very painful and embarrassing experience. I cannot even run/jog in public, I have to run at home, in private. The few times I've tried them on, they feel like they are way too tight. I want to be able to breath comfortablely while having support. I think the purchase of a good sports bra, will help open up a lot of avenues for exercise.. Any suggestions are anxiously awaited and completely welcome!

Replies

• ouryear002
    ouryear002 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Well- I don't know how large you are or what you consider affordable, but I spent $50 on my sports bra. I'm not THAT big, but the girls are saggy and need the support. For a bra that has a real band with hooks and cups sizes, you will have to pay more. The little stretchy ones that pull over your head do nothing for me. I had to go to a couple of sporting goods stores until I found one in my size, because the cute ones are more popular. Try it on in the store and jump around in the fitting room. It will squish your girls, that is the point, but it shouldn't be so tight you can't breathe. It should feel a bit tighter than your regular bra. Good luck.
  • FemininGuns
    FemininGuns Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I spent 30$ at sears :) Vogue label
  • ElianeSweety
    Options
    Try Ebay!!!
  • katie1776
    Options
    Moving Comfort has a few bras that have extended cup size and they work great! Also, lulullemon's tata tamer bra is fantastic. Both are a bit pricey, but well worth it!
  • cdino
    cdino Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I know some of my larger busted friends actually double bra when they work out. To keep them more secure they put 2 sport bras on and they say it is much more comfortable and holds them in better.
  • liz827
    liz827 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I know some of my larger busted friends actually double bra when they work out. To keep them more secure they put 2 sport bras on and they say it is much more comfortable and holds them in better.

This is what I do - I'm a 36DD. I wear either 2 sports bras or 1 sports bra and a racerback back bra if I need to. I don't have a ton of money to spend, so I do with what I have.
  • Beth720
    Beth720 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    As others have said/indicated, if you're getting cheaper ones, you'll likely be wearing multiple bras, which ultimately isn't saving you that much money. With sports bras, you really do get what you pay for. Moving Comfort is great - though a bit pricey (one costs the same as a couple of Champion or something like that I've seen at a generic sporting goods store...and I know I'd have to wear two of them. So why not just spend the money and wear ONE and be comfy?). I don't regret one penny of the money I've spent on my 3 Moving Comfort Fiona bras.
  • mbnharrison
    mbnharrison Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I worked as a lingerie consultant for four years and I will say that although it sucks to spent money on a bra that pretty much no one other than yourself will love and appreciate - invest in a good sports bra. Your ladies are there for life and once you break the elastic band that supports them, you don't get that back.

I recommend: ShockAbsorber - they're a bit pricier but so worth it plus there come in more color combos than black black black oh and white :S Depending on where you live I love my LuLu Lemon Running/Jogging bras and shirts. They too are well worth the price.
  • cherrieruns
    cherrieruns Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I used to wear two bras but now I wear Champion max impact bras. They work well. They are not cheap but I order a few when they are on sale. Champion puts their bras on sale several times a year. **They might be on sale now if you check their website. I recall getting an email recently. Good luck.
  • rhiannon1979
    rhiannon1979 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Target sells Champion brand sports bras. The have some that have the hooks in the back, too. I bought a regular one that was called a compression bra. They aren't very expensive.....around $20.
  • ShiningStarLives
    ShiningStarLives Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Thanks so very much for all the information and advice! I am definately looking into getting a nice one, based on what I've heard.. Appreciate all the replies! =)
  • 2hdesign
    2hdesign Posts: 153
    Options
    Moving Comfort. I paid $60 for mine (which KILLS me - I don't have the money... then again the chaf and burns I was getting from the flimsy cheap wally world bra were kiling me too). Best workout $ I've ever spent next to a pair of running shoes. IT's worth it, esp. with big ladies.
  • valeriebpdx
    valeriebpdx Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I am a distance runner and I love the Moving Comfort Seamless Sera II bra. All the friends I have recommended it to have raved about it. It holds you tight but doesn't smash you flat. I am not so large-chested but I think these are really comfy and don't chafe no matter how long I run.