January Successes

Options

Replies

• jkestens63
    jkestens63 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Lost 3 lbs this month.

Walked/Ran 90 miles.

Cut down the splenda I use in my tea from 6 packets to 3.

Started working on eliminating Crystal Lite from my diet by consistently drinking 1 bottle of plain water a day (yech!)

Got my list of deep cleaning chores done (like steam clean the bathroom walls, clean all the kitchen appliances inside & out).

I have another exercise goal - practice Smooth Running 2x a week at home, didn't make that one but overall I think I did pretty good!

Going to aim for 100 miles in February and cut down the splenda to 2. Keeping the water/crystal lite the same and will come up with a new list of "chores" to do.
  • Amandac6772
    Amandac6772 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    I'm endin' this month on a 'High'...I'm officially 6 pounds away from sayin' 'I lost 20 pounds while doin' Power90(P90)' & I have 7 days left until I reach DAY 60, and I'm not even done the workout yet...! Snoopy Dance for everyone...! :flowerforyou:

I so want to tackle something like Power 90 but I'm alittle scared of it....good job!
  • Amandac6772
    Options
    I lost 27 lbs - dropped below 300 lbs.

I have gone from 0 mins a week exercise to 500 mins a week .

But for me the success of the month is gaining all my MFP friends who are helping me through this journey !

What...that's huge...that's like losing a toddler...great work.

MFP and my friends here have been huge in my sticking to it.
  • Amandac6772
    Options
    Ive only been on this site since January 11th.....so approx. 20 days and I have lost 7 pounds. Just took my measurements the other day for the first time so hopefully next month i'll be able to say i lost inches. I guess I was hoping to lose more but I am glad at the same time that I lost what I did!!

You have done great...be proud!
  • Amandac6772
    Options
    Lost 3 lbs this month.

Walked/Ran 90 miles.

Cut down the splenda I use in my tea from 6 packets to 3.

Started working on eliminating Crystal Lite from my diet by consistently drinking 1 bottle of plain water a day (yech!)

Got my list of deep cleaning chores done (like steam clean the bathroom walls, clean all the kitchen appliances inside & out).

I have another exercise goal - practice Smooth Running 2x a week at home, didn't make that one but overall I think I did pretty good!

Going to aim for 100 miles in February and cut down the splenda to 2. Keeping the water/crystal lite the same and will come up with a new list of "chores" to do.

I peeked at your starting weight in '08 you have done AMAZING!!!!
  • Sunny_Skies
    Options
    I lost 4 pounds this month, and I can almost fit into my old jeans!
  • maurap26
    maurap26 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I haven't lost much, I'm still losing what I gained back at during Christmas but once I got back to it in Jan. I have increased my exercise min. each week.
    Last week was 6hrs.45min. of exercise time
    I measure in 2 weeks time & I expect to see a big difference
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    I've lost 12lbs this month and it's amazing to say those pounds are no longer on me. Can't wait to see what February brings. :flowerforyou:
  • Amandac6772
    Options
    I lost 4 pounds this month, and I can almost fit into my old jeans!

I kept a pair of favorite jeans for 8 years (yah I know they are out of style) but it was GREAT when I got back in them! Fantastic!
  • Amandac6772
    Options
    I haven't lost much, I'm still losing what I gained back at during Christmas but once I got back to it in Jan. I have increased my exercise min. each week.
    Last week was 6hrs.45min. of exercise time
    I measure in 2 weeks time & I expect to see a big difference

Keep all the successes in the front and it will keep you motivated. Good work!
  • Amandac6772
    Options
    I've lost 12lbs this month and it's amazing to say those pounds are no longer on me. Can't wait to see what February brings. :flowerforyou:

That is 2.5 5 lb bags of sugar...carry those around and see how heavy they feel...wonderful work!
  • JennBennett410
    Options
    Great topic and FANTASTIC achievement...
    I am still in the 140s and I feel like that is an achievement...I haven't seen 150 or higher on the scale in over 2 months!
    Second achievement: A lady I work with went out for suregery the beginning on December. I saw her on Friday and she was blown away. She kept saying "YOU ARE SO SKINNY"
    So even if the scale isn't moving, I know that my body is headed in the right direction!
  • wagon0619
    wagon0619 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I was here a about 4 years ago and lost 110 lbs overall, and then after a knee surgery and other issues, and my laziness, I put 80 back on. I started back up on January 3rd and have lost 23lbs this month. Long way to go.
  • SuperSueg1
    SuperSueg1 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I just started on Jan 26, but I have lost 1.6 pounds. I am very happy with that.
  • jenbusick
    jenbusick Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I've lost the "Christmas weight" -- 7 lb -- this month. My next goal is to lose 7 more, which would put me at 150 pounds and a healthy BMI instead of an overweight BMI.
  • rachel129
    Options
    I have finally started recording what I eat more frequently (and honestly) on MFP.

I worked out at least 28/30 days so far this month (60 min/workout)! My gym has a little post-it where we place stickers and I have so many penguin stickers on my post-it! My friends are jealous. :-)

Finally got back to pre-Christmas weight (lost 4 lbs). And considering my birthday was yesterday, I consider that a success!
  • RebeccaM2386
    Options
    I have lost 7 pounds and exercise every day since I signed up
  • bstiver
    bstiver Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I have lost 11.6 pounds so far this month!! I also met my first minigoal early! Annnnd I am out of the obese BMI range! :happy:
  • Loribell23
    Options
    Great job on your successes Amanda! :flowerforyou:

I started here at MFP on January 5th and since then, I've lost 8 pounds. This month I broke into the 170's. I haven't been in the 170's in a long time so that alone was a huge success.

I need to point out my mental successes too! I have never been good at losing weight or sticking to any kind of plan. So far with this site, I'm doing so well and I'm so committed to entering all of my calories and exercising, I really feel like I can stick with this. It's like a new found hope for me! I have the confidence and support to do this and it feels great! :happy:
  • golfbrew_matt
    golfbrew_matt Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Cut out alcohol completely (huge for me) and lost over 10 pounds. Excellent month!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!