plateau!!!! How long will it last

Options
I have been stuck at exactly 252.4 lbs for 2 weeks!! Is there anything I can do to get over the hump?

Replies

• MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    try changing something in your routine, or zig zag your calories. Maybe take a rest day from exercise (if you've been working out hard) or if you haven't been, go really hard for a few days.
  • AmandaR910
    Options
    I had that about a week ago. I added 350 calories a day and am now a couple pounds down.
  • spennato
    spennato Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I had that about a week ago. I added 350 calories a day and am now a couple pounds down.

You ate 350 more or 350 less?
  • udallmom101
    udallmom101 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I found when I want to break through a plateau, if I splurge one day on a meal, eat something special, and then reduce my exercise, it usually helps. I also usually change up my exercise. If I have just been doing the treadmill I will skip that and do something new.

You will get over it. It just is going to take time.
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    Plateaus usually only last for 2 weeks but can last longer. Try addin in a new workout (just one) and see if that helps any. Also are you drinking enough water? Eating clean? Eating enough protein? Cut some of your carbs, I cut my carb intake in half and lost around 5lbs in less than 2 weeks. Are you watchin your sodium intake? Eating enough calories(not starving yourself)? Watchin your fats? But also get your healthy fats. Gettin enough veggies? There are alot of factors that attribute to plateaus. It's usually attributed to doin the same thing over and over again that causes your body to get stuck in a plateau.
  • AmandaR910
    Options

You ate 350 more or 350 less?

350 more.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    A true plateau goes on for four weeks or longer. If it's only two weeks then your body may need a moment to readjust to the weight loss or you need to focus more. Be honest with yourself and find out what you can improve. Could you cut out more fat, adjust your macro-nutrients, or exercise more?
  • secostley
    secostley Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Lot of good suggestions already made. I would also add that this is where good record keeping takes place. Try incorporating one suggestion and record what happens. Then try other if the first doesn't work.

I've been stuck in the 202/203 range going into a second week. Spiking calorie intake up for a day usually seems to get me over humps. I'll also try a new cardio routine that's not part of my usual weekly routine (e.g. step aerobics)--just something to jump start the body (catch it off guard).

Keep good records of the attempts you're making and note what works.

Shawn