8 glasses of water

Options
nibor
nibor Posts: 57 Member
I easily drink 64 ounces per day. However, does a cup of tea count towards it? or am I really only drinking 7 glasses of water

Replies

• jhardenbergh
    jhardenbergh Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    I am not an expert, but I think if it has caffeine in it then it doesn't count
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    if your tea has caffeine in it, no it does not count. Caffeine can dehydrate you, so for every cup of caffeine you have, you must have a cup of water in addition to your 64 ounces.
  • togden
    togden Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    No Caffeine No Calorie .... Yes otherwise NO!
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    Yes, it does count as water. Caffeine does not dehydration you. Caffeine can increase the feeling of thirst, and by increased liquid intake as a result increase the rate of urination which will dehydrate a body.

Something to remember about drinking water; the recommended 64oz or72oz or however much much the current trend is, a large percentage of the water you intake is in foods. A grilled chicken breast can easily have a 30% moisture content. In fact, in most thing 12% or less is considered dry.

Also, too much water intake will drain your energy level as your body diverts resources to your stomach to process the water. A 150 pound male should drink no more than 12oz per hour during a physical activity such as walking or jogging in temperates not exceeding 75 degrees F.

Increased activities and temp require increased water. Decreased activities and temp, decreased water. If one is on the couch watching tv, puzzling water will only create tiredness and discomfort. On the treadmill sweating your hiney off for an hour; drink your water!

Think of water the same way you would calories. It's feul. Be efficient, take only what you need.
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    Luv2ash, awesome picture! Great job!
  • BryanAir
    BryanAir Posts: 434
    Options
    Unsweetened tea is fine to count as water. According to the Committee on Dietary Reference Intakes who determines what people should consume daily, "Caffeinated beverages contribute to the daily total water intake similar to that contributed by non-caffeinated beverages."
  • nibor
    nibor Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    thank you everyone for your input.....:happy: