Food Log: Select, Hit Enter, Cringe... UGH!

_Christine_
_Christine_ Posts: 1,385 Member
edited September 23 in Chit-Chat
This is my new life... that is until I figure out how bad all the crap is that I eat. <sigh>

I started on 1/27; on 1/28 I decided 3 cups of coffee needed to be lowered to 2. Today, 1/30 I've decided 1 is enough. (I'm not talkin' black coffee; I'm talkin’ Hershey's International Delight Caramel Chocolate... OH MY!) I can blow half my calories in 3 mugs of that stuff.

I was using it as my morning pick-me-up for all the sleepless nights’ caring for twins. Now I need to use the extra energy gained by weight loss and eating health <sigh> to counter the sleepless nights. Which admittedly are getting better. Oh how I will miss my coffee. :cry:

But I'm not giving up on it completely. One mug, drunk very slowly, with a morning read and no kids... I'll make it last.

Replies

• wiggleroom
    wiggleroom Posts: 322 Member
    You could also play around with other ways to make your coffee! You could make a "poor man's mocha" -- mix a packet of Swiss Miss 25 calorie hot cocoa mix in with a cup of black coffee. Stir in some light vanilla soy milk or something.

I've never tried the coffee drink you're talking about, so my suggestion may not taste anything like that -- but it would give you coffee, chocolate, and sweetness!

Good luck. Small steps taken consistently = steady progress. =)
  • miznel80
    miznel80 Posts: 46 Member
    lol, I know the feeling! I've changed my eating habits so much since using the calorie counter. My favorite thing about eating better food is my complexion looks amazing! I've always had a bad complexion, but it's been so clear (I don't even use foundation anymore!) and bright! I love it! :bigsmile:
  • You can also mix the fat free versions with your Int'l coffee flavors:) Coffee mate makes an assortment of liquid fat free flavors too, it's different at first, but you get used to it:)
  • mszSHOGAN
    mszSHOGAN Posts: 2,277 Member
    I :heart: flavored creamers, but they're not healthy at all! I've switched to Sugar Free Hazelnut. I still get my flavor, but less cals/carbs/fat. They also make fat free ones, but I don't care for them as much. Over time I've gotten to the point where I add a little less, but I can't ever envision drinking my morning pick me up black - YUCK! :noway:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    this is how I lost all of my weight! Little by little I learned about what I was eating.

The 1st week I didn't change a thing. just wrote down everything I ate and log it at night. ONE WEEK............I was eating so much fat and sodium and garbage it was a crying shame.

The 2nd week I started adding fruits and veggies, as I had noticed they were sorely lacking in my first week..........unless you include french fries and the let/tom that came on my whopper!

I am back to ground 0 after 6 months of hell....................thanks for reminding me we all start somewhere!!

Good Luck, Jeannie :flowerforyou:
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    I agree with trying something new. Maybe you could do one cup of that, and then one cup with something different. I like to use a little sugar, a little creamer, and a heavy sprinkle of cinnamon. It's soooooo good. :)

You'll find out where all your calories are going soon enough, and you can make adjustments as you go. It's not going to happen all at once. Be patient with yourself. And find out what your "maintenance calories" are (on your goals page). I like knowing that number, because it means that even on the days I go over my goal, if I don't go over my maintenance amount, I'm not going to gain. It's good to keep in mind.
  • Meggie_pooh
    Meggie_pooh Posts: 316 Member
    whe I want to kick my coffee up a notch, I add a Swiss Miss Sugar Free hot cocoa packet and 2 packets of Splenda....or the hubby will buy the Hazelnut flavored coffee at the grocery store for me. I always use Splenda cuz it's the closet thing to sugar that actually tastes like sugar without the nasty aftertaste of fake sugar :0)
  • Janworkingitout
    Janworkingitout Posts: 434 Member
    this is how I lost all of my weight! Little by little I learned about what I was eating.

The 1st week I didn't change a thing. just wrote down everything I ate and log it at night. ONE WEEK............I was eating so much fat and sodium and garbage it was a crying shame.

The 2nd week I started adding fruits and veggies, as I had noticed they were sorely lacking in my first week..........unless you include french fries and the let/tom that came on my whopper!

I am back to ground 0 after 6 months of hell....................thanks for reminding me we all start somewhere!!

Good Luck, Jeannie :flowerforyou:

Yep, you just described my journey perfectly Jeannie!
  • soccermum75
    soccermum75 Posts: 588 Member
    if you need the caffeine maybe try green tea. it`s supposed to help with weight loss also.
  • sarahbear119
    sarahbear119 Posts: 80 Member
    I am a ex-barista, so I know how to make coffee well and how to doctor it up too.
    Just try a pack of cocoa and a hint of milk... yum!
This discussion has been closed.