New food Pyramid?

Options
I found a food pyramid that is different than the one the USDA has out. Tell me what you think. This new pyramid is like this:
vegetables make up 30-60% of calorie intake. Beans and legumes make up 10-40%. Fruits make up 10-40%. Whole grains and potatoes make up 20% or less. Seeds, nuts, and avacodos makes up 10-40%. Eggs, fish, fat-free dairy less than 10%. Last it shows beef, sweets, cheese, and processed foods on top at rarely. This pyramid is supposed to not only allow you to lose weight but also promote your health by giving your body the proper amounts of vitamins and minerals it needs.
here is a link to the pyramid it self. I was not able to figure out how to paste here. http://www.drfuhrman.com/library/foodpyramid.aspx

Replies

• SweetTooth68
    SweetTooth68 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Being vegetarian, I think that's a much better food pyramid! But vegetarianism aside, it has to be good to eat mostly fresh, unprocessed foods with no chemicals and other garbage injected into it, that just makes sense. Whatever you eat, the less chemicals and processing involved in making it, the better it will be for your body. That said, when buying fruits and vegetables keep this chart in mind:

The 20 Fruits and Veggies With the MOST Pesticides

These are the ones that you should always buy organic, if possible. If you do buy conventional versions of the following produce, please be sure to wash them thoroughly with Wash dem Veggies (organic produce, of course, should also be washed just in case). These are ranked in order by EWG, with the worst of the bunch, peaches, at #1.

Peaches tend to have the most pesticides of any fruit or vegetable ... so if possible buy these organic.

1. Peaches
    2. Apples
    3. Sweet Bell Peppers
    4. Celery
    5. Nectarines
    6. Strawberries
    7. Cherries
    8. Pears
    9. Grapes (Imported)
    10. Spinach
    11. Lettuce
    12. Potatoes
    13. Carrots
    14. Green Beans
    15. Hot Peppers
    16. Cucumbers
    17. Raspberries
    18. Plums
    19. Grapes (Domestic)
    20. Oranges

The 20 Fruits and Veggies With the LEAST Amount of Pesticides

According to EWG, the following produce has the lowest pesticide load, ranked in order with the produce with the absolute lowest pesticides first.

1. Onion
    2. Avocado
    3. Sweet corn (Frozen)
    4. Pineapples
    5. Mango
    6. Asparagus
    7. Sweet peas (Frozen)
    8. Kiwi
    9. Bananas
    10. Cabbage
    11. Broccoli
    12. Papaya