Lucille Roberts- Women's Gym

Options
Does anyone else go here? Women's only gym in NY- NJ - and PA .
If so, which classes do you think are best?
I go to kick some abs, total body workout, yogatone, and interval training, but am in the process of changing my schedule around so was looking for some second opinions.

Also-FYI - Lucille has a sign up that says in a class you burn 800 calories in an hour (i.e. 600 in a class, since they last 45 minutes).
Well, you don't. I asked the instructor for approx. calories burn, and of course it varies greatly by class. But it's hard to top 500! Still it's a great gym.

Replies

• luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    Yea, I think when they advertise those high calorie burns, it was using a differing body type, like a 7-foot tall male - LOL!

A heart rate monitor is your best bet to see accurately how many calories you are burning, and one with a chest strap is the most accurate. I have a polar FT4 that is fabulous.
  • esthertsivia
    esthertsivia Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    HAHA Yeah!
    Well, the instructor recommended a heartrate monitor but I'm a college student and basically financially independent... in other words cannot afford it haha. I would like to get one eventually but for now, am just going with estimates lol