Questions about JM 30 day Shred

♥_Ellybean_♥
♥_Ellybean_♥ Posts: 1,646 Member
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
Ok so I Netflixed JM 30 day Shred and received it on Friday .. I am excited to start it but I do have a few questions:

1. Anyone see a significant difference in weight loss/body change during or after the Shred?

2. I am a big girl (that won't stop me) for encouragement reasons has anyone else done JM Shred, made it through and saw the advantage of it?

3. If there is a day that I cannot use the Shred do I have to start over? The reason is because I live in a very busy household of 6 adults, and there is only 1 room I could possibly do this in, which is the main room, and if someone is watching tv that night, I'm out a tv.

4. Is there anything I need to start the Shred? I have 2 - 5lb weights, but thats it .

Thanks for the info!

Replies

• xHelloQuincyx
    xHelloQuincyx Posts: 884 Member
    if you are determined it shouldnt be a problem. even at 130lbs (and very fit) i couldnt do it more then 5 days in a row.
    you wont need weights untill the 2nd week
    you should still include rest days (and will want to!) but only say 2 days a week.
    even when i used to be very fit i did loose quite a bit of weight and sculpted
    u will def see a difference in 3 days
  • smuehlbauer
    smuehlbauer Posts: 1,041 Member
    I saw great results with 30DS.
    If you can't do it every day - don't worry about it.
    I say start with level one - do that for 10 days, then if you feel like you can go to the next level, move up. Keeping in mind that the next level is going to be harder.
    I will also suggest using the two pound weights. The 5's will be too much. I used 3's (they would only be $10 at Walmart...)
    You don't have to start over if you miss a night. It will be the same routine for 10 days, or how ever long it takes you to feel like you can move up.
    The most important thing - keep pushing play!
    Keep at it. Work through the soreness - and you're gonna be sore!
  • labamba
    labamba Posts: 46 Member
    I started using last weekend and by session 4 I noticed a difference in my fitness. You will notice a difference if you keep doing regularly.

I do a different activity on one day ie go to a zumba class so I don't do this and missed yesterday as could not get to play so did a zumba dvd instead. However I hope when I do later today it should be fine. I defintely feel like I have more energy after her DVD and she is a good motivator too. Plus 20mins is nothing to add into your day.

Good luck with the workout and remember just do what you can to start for example I could not do a full minute of jump rope right after the star jumps but rather than stop I just did skipping on one leg then change to other so more a running movement. If means I kep going though. Pleased to say I am getting much better at now though!
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    i have 4 of jillian's dvd's, so i am going to try to answer your questions... :bigsmile:

1. my strength improved dramatically, and it is a good workout and gets your heart rate up. in the beginning, i thought i would never get past level one but after a few days it gets much better. do not give up on it! i was stronger and could keep up - and when that happened i moved to level 2...
    i am guessing you are looking for that 'lose 20 pounds in 30 days' or whatever it boasts. do not use this line as an end all be all. you may lose more, you may lose less. the point is that you are making it happen! :drinker:

2. it really is a fantastic way to keep yourself moving. you just have to stick with it (like anything else). i feel like i 'graduated' onto her other dvd's and did the 30 day slimdown challenge, which incorporates 3 of her dvd's, including the shred. it was pretty neat and i am about to start it again.

3. i am assuming you are going to try to do level one for 10 days, level 2 and then level 3. i think this is a good plan, but listening to your body is the best bet. there is nothing wrong with staying on level one for additional days - or even switching from level 1 to level 2 every day. it's just a workout, not a strict workout regimen - at least that's how i see it. some people even do two levels in a day instead of just one.

4. jillian uses 3lb weights in the videos. i have 3 and 5 lb and i start with the 3's and work up to the 5's. sometimes during the workout i have to switch back and forth - my shoulders arent very strong.

i hope this makes sense and helps! :flowerforyou:
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Ok so I Netflixed JM 30 day Shred and received it on Friday .. I am excited to start it but I do have a few questions:

1. Anyone see a significant difference in weight loss/body change during or after the Shred?

2. I am a big girl (that won't stop me) for encouragement reasons has anyone else done JM Shred, made it through and saw the advantage of it?

3. If there is a day that I cannot use the Shred do I have to start over? The reason is because I live in a very busy household of 6 adults, and there is only 1 room I could possibly do this in, which is the main room, and if someone is watching tv that night, I'm out a tv.

4. Is there anything I need to start the Shred? I have 2 - 5lb weights, but thats it .

Thanks for the info!

I'm currently on day 24 of 30 (i'm doing it straight through) and I've definitely seen a change. I've lost minimal weight (but I don't have much weight to lose to begin with) I've lost about 4lbs so far on the program, but I have definitely toned. My arms are slighter, my hips are slighter and I can feel the difference (people are also noticing it in the arms & waist line). If you can't do it for 30 days straight, DON'T WORRY ABOUT IT!! not everyone does. It can be used like any other DVD video (whenver you want, or incorporated in as you please with other workouts etc). Do it whenever you can, for as long as you want. It doesn't have to be for 30 days either. If you complete, start again. It doesn't matter if you take 60, 90, or 120 days to finish. It's just a workout you can do.
    You'll need a mat if you're surface is hard and you'll need hand weights. I use 3lb weights and find thats perfect for me. IF you wanted to up it later, you'll know when you feel as though you can.

I personally love the shred. I feel more toned and my endurance is incredible now. I'm doing her 30 day slimdown next.
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Congrats on getting/starting 30 DS! As for results, it really will vary person to person. I started out doing 2days a week for the first 2weeks because I personally could not do it without being really sore, that was at about 210lbs. I slowly worked at it, and soon I was at 16days straight! In my 16 days straight, I lost 9inches head to toe. I didn't see a change in weight, but I was ok with that. Don't push yourself too hard with it either. Take a day or two off, listen to your body! Of course you don't have to start over, just do it at a pace that works best for you :) I did at one point, do 10days of each level, but I still spaced them out as I needed. All you need is what you have, maybe a mat/towel if doing this on a non-carpeted floor. But otherwise, you have everything else. Good luck on your journey!!
This discussion has been closed.