throwaway days

Options
so the past three days I went over my calories (not outrageously) I didn't track them but I know I was over. I didn't exercise or even look at mfp!!!! So i think we will just pretend those days didn't happen. Start over today and keep on moving. We will see how bad these past three days were to me when I do my weekly weigh in tomorrow!

Replies

• LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    be very careful. I do this far too often and it has created a plateau. :ohwell:
  • Alisha_countrymama
    Alisha_countrymama Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    I agree with LuckyLeprechaur
  • tungaiunwa
    tungaiunwa Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I did shovel snow today and according to mfp I burned 481 calories in 30 min. Forget the treadmill I'm gonna go door to door asking if I can clean people sidewalks!
  • LDJones57
    LDJones57 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Everybody needs a day off now and then. Don't beat yourself up. Just dig in, hit it hard and get back in your groove. Even checking in on mfp helps keep you mentally in the game.
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    thats a good attitude to have about the shoveling---love it!

Try not to make this habbit though of losing track on weekends, that is a set up for falling back into your old ways--not a good way learn a new healthy lifestyle.
  • orting514
    orting514 Posts: 153
    Options
    No worrys hun, ive been there done that, more than i care to admit! If you feel like starting over than do so, youll be ok, and rest asured, it happens to most/all of us.
  • togden
    togden Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I would have logged those three days anyways .... exercised a little more and see if I could cut my calories a bit (without going below 1500 since your a guy) to compensate some for those self indulged days .....
  • orting514
    orting514 Posts: 153
    Options
    I did shovel snow today and according to mfp I burned 481 calories in 30 min. Forget the treadmill I'm gonna go door to door asking if I can clean people sidewalks!
    [/quote

Thats the answer! you go boy! the neighbors will LOVE YOU
  • andreahanlon
    andreahanlon Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I think you've got a good attitude in just getting back on track now. There's nothing you can do about the past! Many of us realize that planning for permanent lifestyle change is the only way to attain and maintain a healthy weight in the long-run, and over the course of a lifetime, of course you'll have "throwaway days." In reality, some people have a bad day and just give up, but not you -- so good for you for having a positive mindset and getting back on track!
  • cassidystreasures
    Options

Please come to Montana next time we get a ton of snow and do my drive way, lol wait maybe i'll actually do it instead of the hubby. What a great burn!
  • jfgstrack1
    Options
    Great idea to call them throw-aways. I have them too often and that upsets me!
  • jfgstrack1
    Options
    I really enjoyed reading the words of encouragement. It's good to know there's so many out there to help out.
  • sarahlauren18
    sarahlauren18 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Even If I eat badly and slip up I still record it... never stop doing that because if though they weren't good days your trying to create a habit and eventually stick to a routine !! No matter what record it and try to make those up!!