NSV: Improved Fitness

Options
So far, I've lost about 9 pounds, which is great for one month. But even better for me has been the improved fitness I'm experiencing by being really diligent about my workouts.

Two examples:

I play in an evening hockey league (just floor hockey) once per week with some coworkers. I started in October, before the real transformation, and I would always walk with a gimp for a few days, because my legs were so sore. Well, on Wednesday we started with five games of volleyball, followed by a quick 3-on-3 basketball game, followed by 70 minutes of hockey. And I wasn't very sore the next day. The improvement in my fitness is really noticeable at this point.

Then today, I went downhill skiing for the first time since about November. In November, I did 7 runs and was sore for about four days afterwards, and I could barely get out of the car when I got home. Today, I did 10 runs, skied better than I've ever done before, and I'm really not that sore.

That kind of progress keeps me motivated. I just imagine what these activities will be like when I love another 10, 20, 50, 80 pounds. The possibilities!

And as always, thanks to all of you for your continued inspiration. This community really is great, and the resource of MFP is truly life-changing.

Replies

• hozik
    hozik Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Congrats! That's really something to celebrate!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!