The battle of the belly bulge...

Options
I'm halfway to my weight loss goal! The last few pounds is going to be a challenge, but I feel like its mostly my belly that I will have to work on. My mom has a bit of a belly too so I feel that I might be fighting genetics on this, but since I know that stomach fat is so so bad for your heart health and increases your heart disease risks, I am really motivated to get rid of it! I have been doing the following: at least 50 crunches on the floor, 25-50 on the ab lounge thingy at the gym, controlled straight raising my legs up off the floor and back down, holding myself in a V shape with back/legs off of the floor and using a medicine ball to touch on either side of me. Usually do 2-3 times a week.
So my question is this: I'm about to be 24 years old. I'm looking to be in the 130's, so about 15 or so pounds to go. 5' 5". Likes to run and work hard. How do I win the Battle of the Bulge? Any good exercises that i'm missing?

Replies

• thomasmarnold
    Options
    A really good way to kill the belly bulge and not even do the belly exercises is to do interval training. Belly exercises are nice, but they work the muscles underneath the belly wiggle and do little on the fat its self. You can go to google and type in interval training and find a world of information on interval training. Waht you need to do since you run is do running interval training. An example. Run 1 mile warm up. run 1/4 mile sprint (under 2 minutes or faster) walk for 1 minute run 1/4 of a mile sprint, walk for 1 minute. do this for 4 sprints, and then run 1/2 mile cool down. do this until it becomes easy then try the following.

1 mile warm up
    4 x 1/4 mile sprints with 1 minute walk in between
    4 x 1/2 mile sprints with 4 minute walk in between
    1/2 mile cool down.

This is just one of MANY that I do. Message me or friend me if you want to find out more. I have a lot thatg I do on the elliptical too. Trust me, it is a sure fire way to get rid of that belly fat.....I am living proof...

Tom
  • 6Crooks
    Options
    I have that same problem!. I find my hardest area is my belly bulge after having three kids, 2 of which were C Sections. I know that crunches won't spot reduce belly fat, so I do cardio. I am trying the interval training bit too, hope it works. My body seems to get used to jogging and nothing happens on the scale, very frustrating! Does anyone know if it matters how long you jog/ratio to walking? And does speed matter?