Berry breakfast Crumble - Eat Clean Diet

Options
I found this on the eat clean diet site and I made it for Sunday breakfast for the hubs and I! I halfed the recipe because we didn't really need 6 servings for two people. Too much temptation to overeat! This was delicious, tasted like dessert for breakfast! Could have gone with an egg on the side or something though just the fill me up a bit more, but I'm a breakfast piglet haha.
Enjoy!

Berry Breakfast Crumble
(Eat Clean Diet)
Ingredients
• 1 cup rolled oats
• 1/4 cup maple sugar flakes or sucanat
• 1/4 cup coconut oil
• 1 tbsp oat bran
• 1 tbsp whole grain flour
• 2 tsp ground flaxseed
• 1 tsp cinnamon
• 2 medium granny smith apples, diced
• 3 heaped cups of mixed berries
• 1 tsp cinnamon
• 1 tbsp maple sugar flakes or sucanat
• Juice of 1/2 lemon
• 1 tbsp whole grain flour
• Low fat greek yoghurt, to serve
Instructions
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit.

2. Make oat topping: Combine oats, sugar, coconut oil, oat bran, flour, flaxssed and cinnamon in a bowl. Using a pastry blender or your hands, mix until well combined. Set aside.

3. Combine fruit and remaining ingredients in a large bowl and toss to coat. Transfer this mixture to an 8 x 8 inch baking pan. (Alternatively you could bake them in 6 or 8 individual bowls/ramekins for easy portion control)

4. Sprinkle oat topping evenly over the fruit mixture and press down lightly. You may not use all the topping mixture. The remainder can be stored in a ziplock bag in the freezer for later use.

5. Place pan in the oven and bake for 25 to 35 minutes, until the topping is golden brown.

6. Let cool for several minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature with greek yoghurt.
Tips & Bonus Information
Nutritients per serving (based on 6 servings w/o yoghurt): Calories: 243.9, Total fat: 10.9g, Carbs: 45.4g, Fiber: 7.8g, Sugars: 19.1, Protein: 2.9g
YIELD: Serves 6
PREPARATION TIME: 15 minutes
COOKING TIME: 25 - 35 mins

Replies

• KeepOnMoving
    KeepOnMoving Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing! Sound delicious! I bet we could use frozen organic mixed berries. I have yet to find coconut oil at the grocery store. Also I am having troubles finding "light" coconut milk. :tongue:
  • kbellnurse
    Options
    I found coconut oil at Superstore. Don't know where you're from but I know that "Whole Foods" carries it as well. "Light Coconut Milk" hm? .. Might just have to use the real stuff, I don't think it's too bad. :)