Need Help!!!!

Options
So, I'm trying to be better and eat healthier. The problem I have is that I really don't like veggies. I like canned green beans, but I know those really aren't the best for you. Otherwise, onion and bell peppers are really it for me. I enjoy salads, but I can't eat them very often because I just get bored with them. Please help me find healthier options so I can stay on track with my diet.

Replies

• KellieR56
    KellieR56 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I like ranch with my salad. You can have ranch, just don't have so much on it. Add veggies to food, like olives to spaghetti. Eat sandwiches (like subway) but don't have a lot of bread. I get bored with salads too, but if you add avocado to it and homemade salsa, it's SOO much better. Drink carrot juice too or healthy smoothies for fruit. be creative!
  • smadag1
    smadag1 Posts: 1,368
    Options
    try V8 splash and V8 fusion they are really good and don't taste like bad
  • sylvia0725
    Options
    Most people dont like veggies. I am an exception because i love them but instead try having a piece of fruit with your meals. i banana or apple or watermelon with every meal. that way you are still getting the health benefits.
  • kao708
    kao708 Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Have you ever tried mashed cauliflower instead of potatoes? What about sweet potatoes? I wonder if increasing your fruit intake would help make up for some of the veggies that you don't like?

Honestly, I really like alot of veggies, my problem is they are soooooo expensive that I don't buy them often. I try to buy frozen when I can but that can get pricey too.

Maybe you can sneak a little of the smaller veggies into a casserole or somewhere that you might not notice the flavor as much?

That probably doesn't help much. Good luck!
  • JulieBoBoo
    Options
    Steam or saute in broth. It adds flavour and keeps the nutrients. Much as I hate to say it, you're likely going to have to suck it up a bit and just eat them. Over time you'll get to enjoy them. It's hard though. My 6 year old and I fight about it lot.
  • rae0823
    Options
    try new veggies that you wouldn't normally eat and you might be surprised and like it. I have kids so getting them to eat new veggies sometimes can be trying. So for things like cauliflower I add a little butter and garlic and mash it up- so it looks more like mash potatoes. I also tend to get sweet potatoes and cut them into fries and bake them, good source of Vitamin A (I believe). And you would be surprise how many recipes you can find online for all different times of veggies. I also picked up a cook book call the Most decadent diet ever and there are some great veggie recipes in there as well. Hope this is helpful.
  • c64whiz
    Options
    May take a bit, but V8 Fusion isn't bad. It's mixed fruit and veggies so it's not as "veggie punch"y as normal V8.

--C64Whiz