Anyone doing Zumba?

Options
I am planning to attend my first class tomorrow night. I've been working out at the gym for the last 4 weeks and have improved hugely from where I started but now I need to 'spice' things up a bit before I get bored of the routine. My personal trainer is doing boxercise with me next week which I used to love.

Zumba is something new, I hear its meant to help tone you up etc, just wondered if anyone on here took part?

Replies

• Angelgirl3575
    Options
    Zumba is AWESOME!!! fast paced latin inspired workout. You will love it
  • Ncmel
    Ncmel Posts: 3
    Options
    I love Zumba!!!! Until I discovered Zumba the only workouts that inspired me were the ones that I could do in front of the TV. Now I workout every day - yesterday I did twice as much as I planned just because I was having so much fun. Plus you'll burn between 400 - 800 calories in an hour.

3426769.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • sehncw99
    Options
    I am in lovee with zumba! I dread going to the gym, but when it comes to go to zumba i can't wait! Its so much fun and burns so many calories
  • blobrien
    Options
    I love Zumba with the RIGHT instructor. I go to 24 Hour Fitness and there are only 2 instructors out of around 6 that I feel like I get a good enough workout. If done right, it is an awesome workout.
  • melissa1977
    melissa1977 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I just started zumba last week and I LOVE it. It's an amazing calorie burner, and just so so much fun!
  • Sarean
    Sarean Posts: 77
    Options
    I've done two Zumba classes in two weeks and I LOVE it. It's a great burn, but you have so much fun. I love how they throw in these little sexy, hip twisting moves that you'd never think of as good exercise, but they work!
  • Lutiebelle
    Lutiebelle Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Thought I'd try it so I bought a DVD. It's tough!!! I think it's too much for me right now so I'll do something a little less challenging. Are there any 70 year old folks doing this?
  • chelle1a
    chelle1a Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I LOVE zumba!!! I hate to exercise but zumba is so much fun! I did it last year and quit over the summer and now am back at it and love it.
  • watermelonstarfish
    watermelonstarfish Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Zumba is awesome. Some of the moves are so silly that you can't help but smile: I usually associate work with exercise, not here.
  • jerseygirl777
    Options
    I'm thinking about trying it this week or next week... hoping it doesn't disappoint! I need a new mix to my regular routine!
  • pandafoo
    pandafoo Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Zumba is so much fun! It's the only exercise that doesn't feel like exercise for me. It also is super good for cardio - it got my HR to as high as 170, so that I had to purposefully slow down to be in my target HR zone. It will definitely bring a huge smile to your face and you will feel awesome afterwards!
  • ladylu11
    ladylu11 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    I started Zumba back in the fall and it is so much fun! It is very important to get a good instructor. A good instructor makes all the difference!
  • stephanielynn76
    stephanielynn76 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Looooooooooooooooooooooove Zumba! I'm totally addicted!
  • melissa1977
    melissa1977 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Thought I'd try it so I bought a DVD. It's tough!!! I think it's too much for me right now so I'll do something a little less challenging. Are there any 70 year old folks doing this?

Look for DVDs or classes in Zumba Gold. Those are designed for the older population. :) You could also look around your area for Aqua Zumba classes, which are easier on the joints but of course still a great calorie burner.
  • nkster781
    nkster781 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Zumba is so fun and it burns major calories. Can't beat that combo:0)
  • ChellieIrish
    ChellieIrish Posts: 593 Member
    Options
  • Sassy_H
    Sassy_H Posts: 11
    Options
    Great responses, thanks. Am going tonight so will let you know how I get on. Have to say reading your replies is making me really look forward to going!
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    I actually just did it on my Xbox Kinect this morning. I just got it this week-end and I love it. Hopefully I will get the dvds next week. :bigsmile:
  • adriayellow11
    Options
    I love Zumba with the RIGHT instructor. I go to 24 Hour Fitness and there are only 2 instructors out of around 6 that I feel like I get a good enough workout. If done right, it is an awesome workout.

I agree. I burn around 700-800 calories with my preferred Zumba instructor and average my heart rate around 160. With the other instructor at my gym my heart rate never gets above 149 so it's not really worth it.
  • crazeness
    Options
    A friend is lending me the beginners dvd and I am going to try it out in the next few days. I figured everyone is raving about it so I might as well give it a try!