Wanted: Yummy Negative Cal. Food Recipes :)

Options
I would love some negative calorie food recipes that are yummy... I'm coming up with some of my own but I need to think outside the box so any ideas or any recipes would be helpful! Thanks :P

Replies

• robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    There is no such thing as a negative calorie food. Everything has calories, even diet soda, even splenda. Sorry, sad but true. Log everything, and don't assume you can eat a ton of something because you "burn more calories eating it than it has".
    It doesn't work that way.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    There is no such thing as a negative calorie food. Everything has calories, even diet soda, even splenda. Sorry, sad but true. Log everything, and don't assume you can eat a ton of something because you "burn more calories eating it than it has".
    It doesn't work that way.

Yep. Unless it's water, it has calories.

It's true that there are certain foods that do burn more calories from being eaten and digested than they provide, but they also don't have much nutrition. Things like onions, celery, cucumber, lettuce and some others are great for snacks but they don't have the nutritional value to eat as an entire meal.
  • duffylinn
    Options
    thanks guys :) I really meant recipes for snacks or to eat with meals like salads or something .... there are such things as negative calorie foods I seriously wasn't thinking they would be 0 cals though.