Newbie with diabetes

Options
Hello, all!

I just joined mfp, the reason I joined is to find a support group outside of friends I know....I have had diabetes type 2 for about 11 years now. After having children, my diabetes are alot harder to control. I am now maxed out on my oral medications for diabetes and have been recently diagnosed with high blood pressure. I have been struggling with my weight for approx. 17 years now and I am tired of failing everytime I diet. The problem is that I know what to do, I know what to eat and I am capable of exercising when I push myself. It's actually sticking to it and finding out why I constantly fail at sticking to it. I need a life style change...

If not, I will be put on insuliin and will continue to have health problems. I recently had an appointment to discuss lap band. I am a good candidate for it and fit all the requirements due to my diabetes and hypertension. However, when I ask myself "Have you really TRIED?" my answer is: NO! So, I have six months.....if I can't do it then, I am going to move forward to doing something drastic. I honestly, am done with being overweight and dealing with all these medical issues. I just want to be healthy by 40.

So, here I am on this journey with you....