Combination Weight Training Moves?

Options
I'd like to streamline my weightlifting routine a little more. I've been doing arms one day (with back), legs on another (with abs). I'd like to try intermixing them through combo weight lifting moves. Any ideas of moves that work both your upper and lower body at the same time?

Let me know your favorites.

Shannon

Replies

• melleyd
    melleyd Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels seems to do a lot of squats with arm moves.
  • Von203
    Von203 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Put two dumb bells by each foot squat down (use good form), stand up, curl them up to your shoulder, then press overhead. Repeat squat, stand, curl, press, x how many times you want to go. The faster you go the more intense it will be. That's just one combination I use.
  • Rynatat
    Rynatat Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Check out some of the Firm routines (a friend loaned me her TransFIRMer series - it is AWESOME!): I think I'm addicted to them! They use light - medium weights (3, 5 & 8lb) mixed with cardio & aerobics & I am kicking my own butt :tongue: I am really seeing a difference in my all-over shape (including love-handles disapearing!)
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    I've been trying to find websites that look at weight training and combination moves, but just haven't had any luck. I get a lot of cardio/weight combinations, but no moves that are just weightlifting, working the upper and lower body at the same time. Any recommendations there?

Using freeweights, one of my favorites is a squat with a row, squat with bicep curls, or squat with overhead presses. But that gets old real quick..

Shannon
  • gdunn55
    gdunn55 Posts: 363
    Options
    Burpees
    Hip Thrusters
    Curl Lunges
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    What are burpees and hip thrusters?

Shannon