What's for Breakfast?

Options
Hey everyone..any ideas on a good breakfast? I am starving!! One thing I have noticed since starting to work out..I wake up hungry..and usually breakfast is the one meal I skip. But I found the days I do eat breakfast instead of just having coffee..are the days I ended up going over my 1200 cal intake..?? Either that or I go over in some other part..like carbs or protein. and that's just with either two pieces of wheat toast or a bowl of cereal ( which I have yet to find a cereal that is low in carbs!) Any helpful ideas?

Replies

• LML79
    LML79 Posts: 697
    Options
    Hey everyone..any ideas on a good breakfast? I am starving!! One thing I have noticed since starting to work out..I wake up hungry..and usually breakfast is the one meal I skip. But I found the days I do eat breakfast instead of just having coffee..are the days I ended up going over my 1200 cal intake..?? Either that or I go over in some other part..like carbs or protein. and that's just with either two pieces of wheat toast or a bowl of cereal ( which I have yet to find a cereal that is low in carbs!) Any helpful ideas?
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    Never EVER skip breakfast. Skip any other meal but breakfast. You've been asleep for what, 8 hours? And most likely you haven't had a meal since... 4 hours before you went to bed? That's 12 hours.. half a day of not eating. It can kill your metabolism if you skip breakfast regularly.

Grab something small if you're not used to it - a piece of fruit is a great choice. I usually have granola of some kind, some cottage cheese/yogurt, and some apple butter. Its simple, fast, and tastes good.
  • BlackBeltLJ
    BlackBeltLJ Posts: 190
    Options
    As a diabetic, I can't skip meals. This is what I have been eating for the last 2+ months

a mini bagel (or 1 piece of toast)
    a Promise Activ supershot (take care of the cholesterol too)
    a protein powdered drink that is suppose to go in 8 oz of water but I put in 32oz

and all of my vitamins (vitamin, calcium, enzymes, vit C, fish oil, cinnamon, etc) and pills (my daily bayer plus all of the other ones that keep me healthy)- I have to eat the bagel or toast or I rattle (20 today ) when I walk:tongue:
  • jann1281
    jann1281 Posts: 6
    Options
    i feel the same way. i notice that when i skip breakfast i tend to not eat as much the rest of the day. and when i have breakfast i end up going over my 1200. but i still agree, NEVER skip breakfast. it's only on mornings where everything is rushed that i tend to skip on breakfast. my breakfast ideas... oatmeal w/ cinnamon, egg white omelets (w/ spinach, cheese, onions, peppers...whatever i am craving), oranges, apples w/ peanut butter, cereal (whatever i have available), and my vice, a good cup o' joe!
  • BlazinEmerald
    Options
    Well, I've been having a hard time fitting in all my calories. I'm on 1680 a day before exercise. So today I had a BIG (caloric wise) breakfast.

2 whole wheat waffles 180 cal
    1 tbsp peanut butter smeared between em 80
    1 small banana cut up on top 90
    3 tbsp Light Syrup 78
    1 coffee 2 milk 2 sweetner 30 cal

458 Calories

And it was YUMMY :tongue:
  • haleyk
    haleyk Posts: 58
    Options
    thomas light english muffin 100 calories and 9 grams of fiber!! I love these with a bit of organic peanut butter and fresh fruit. Also fiber one yogurt is great for breakfast.
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter banana smoothie
    2 tbsp natural peanut butter
    10 ounces fat free milk or plain soy milk
    medium banana

blens until smooth you can add ice to make it frothier but honestly it has a wonderful consistency this way.
    its 200 hundred calories approximately
  • LML79
    Options
    medium banana

blens until smooth you can add ice to make it frothier but honestly it has a wonderful consistency this way.

ooooooooh that sounds REALLY good! I am always afraid to eat peanut butter because of the fat. But that sounds worth it!
  • fatsis
    fatsis Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    I try to stay away from processed food but lean pockets R great for when U dont have time.
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    medium banana

Yum!! That sounds good. :love:
  • psuastro97
    psuastro97 Posts: 125
    Options
    i love the Barbara's Bakery Puffins cereal (3/4 cup) with fat free milk. the cinnamon is my favorite!

it is an organic ceral sold at the Giant grocery store. i just bought the p-nut butter flavor one, too - i'll try it tomorrow for breakfast.

there's alot of fiber in it, so it keeps me feeling full until it's time for lunch!
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    Chocolate Chip Whole Wheat Cinnamon Pancakes w/ syrup:bigsmile:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    I had 2 Eggo lite nutri-grain waffles with 1 tbsp of nutella (made a sandwich!) :laugh: :laugh:

I am going through a Nutella faze right now..just bear with me!
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    I had 2 Eggo lite nutri-grain waffles with 1 tbsp of nutella (made a sandwich!) :laugh: :laugh:

I am going through a Nutella faze right now..just bear with me!
    I do that with PB & fluff!
    I'll join you on the Nutella faze soon Tiramisu:wink:
  • BigCityKittyz
    Options
    Chocolate Chip Whole Wheat Cinnamon Pancakes w/ syrup:bigsmile:

MAN! I'd love to have SOME of this!

But had a 3 egg omelette made with chicken, onion cheese, and zuchinni .....

with pico de gallo and avocado on top..... (I'd of loved to of had toast with this......:cry: )
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    ugh I ran out w/ out breakie! bummer....I had a big coffee so far and water but I'm goin out for a delicious calamari salad in a few....yum...and my belly is starting to complain...so I better hurry....hugs and see ya soon!:tongue:

hugs!
    Ali
  • BigCityKittyz
    Options
    ugh I ran out w/ out breakie! bummer....I had a big coffee so far and water but I'm goin out for a delicious calamari salad in a few....yum...and my belly is starting to complain...so I better hurry....hugs and see ya soon!:tongue:

hugs!
    Ali

OooooOOOOoooh! That sounds Delish! PASTA CO. use to have a killer Calamari salad...and then they closed down....:sad:

But Heck....I'm off to have my snack....This FOOD talk is getting me all "droooly"....:tongue:
  • 5KNohno
    5KNohno Posts: 503
    Options
    I've noticed if I have protein for breakfast I have an easier time "being good" the rest of the day, but if I skip or eat only carbs at breakfast I just want to eat junk all day. I usually have Thomas Light English Muffin with either an egg or a TB of PB.
  • fatsis
    fatsis Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    I've noticed if I have protein for breakfast I have an easier time "being good" the rest of the day, but if I skip or eat only carbs at breakfast I just want to eat junk all day. I usually have Thomas Light English Muffin with either an egg or a TB of PB.

I think I will try that tommorrow. Thanks for posting that. I do eat a lot of my carbs in the AM
  • LML79
    Options
    thank you for all the great ideas! I think maybe adding protein will help..since I do notice when I DO eat breakfast.. it's a carb fest. ok ok ok no more skipping breakfast anymore.. :)