Chili-Cheese fries we can eat!!!

Options
FitJoani
FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
Yes my dear buddies you read that right. I saw a can of wierd "chili sauce" my dad had bought to try. Its made from TVP which is textured vegetable protien, so you can technically make it yourself. But this stuff comes in a can and has about 15 calories a serving, so its kinda better than ketchup in a sense that yoo dont eat all that sugar.
So after my brief bumb for the wierd chili sauce, heres what you do.
Bake frozen fries a serving which I know is around 130 or so calories
Top with this heated chili sauce
then throw on a little low fat velveeta(about a half serving of that)

I know it brings it in under 200 calories and very little on fatt and moderate on carbs. It also helps feed that craving and need to have BAD girl or boy food. It also tastes pretty darn yummy!!!

Replies

• FitJoani
    Options
    Yes my dear buddies you read that right. I saw a can of wierd "chili sauce" my dad had bought to try. Its made from TVP which is textured vegetable protien, so you can technically make it yourself. But this stuff comes in a can and has about 15 calories a serving, so its kinda better than ketchup in a sense that yoo dont eat all that sugar.
    So after my brief bumb for the wierd chili sauce, heres what you do.
    Bake frozen fries a serving which I know is around 130 or so calories
    Top with this heated chili sauce
    then throw on a little low fat velveeta(about a half serving of that)

I know it brings it in under 200 calories and very little on fatt and moderate on carbs. It also helps feed that craving and need to have BAD girl or boy food. It also tastes pretty darn yummy!!!
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    :happy:

That sounds delish!! Thanks
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options

Don't know why, but the phrase, "textured vegetable protein" feels me with all kinds of odd feelings--none of them good! :noway:

Some things I'd rather give up completely then try to adapt but hey, if you like it, go for it!
  • cavanar2
    cavanar2 Posts: 46
    Options
    What about making chilli with ground chicken or turkey, if the veggie stuff wierds you out?
    I agree though, some stuff is better to do without, than modify:wink:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    What brand is this "chili sauce"? Can you get it at any grocery store?
  • FitJoani
    Options
    What brand is this "chili sauce"? Can you get it at any grocery store?
    It was wal-marts great value brand. I imagine they sell it every where it was CHEAP too.