Over 50 Newbie needs support

Options
My husband and I are taking a trip of a lifetime to Sweden, Denmark, and Norway in July, and I have made a promise to myself to get in shape. This means losing 25 lb. and exercising 4 days a week. . . .

Day 1 is going great . . . but I fear the day my pink cloud bursts. This is why I'll need a lot of support!

Thanks,

Debbi

Replies

• spunky_spit_fire
    spunky_spit_fire Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Hi and Welcome to MFP you will find alot of nice supportive people here I sent you a friend request
  • melle27
    melle27 Posts: 23
    Options
    WELCOME HERE
    I'M NEW HERE SINCE A COUPLE A DAYS AGO .I AM 35 YEARS OLD. i AM GERMAN .MY WEIGHT IS 160 I WANT TO WEIGH 134 ON JUL 19 .I HOPE I CAN MAKE IT.GOOD LUCK TO YOU,I KNOW YOU CAN MAKE IT TOO AND DAENEMARK IS BEAUTIFUL PLACE BEEN THERE AS A CHILD EVERY SUMMER .I HAD A GOOD TIME OVER THER.I HOPE YOU WILL TO.THE FOOD IS GOOD TOO.
  • IndyRick
    IndyRick Posts: 172
    Options
    You'll find a lot of supportive folks here, both over and under 50! Best of luck in your journey, and feel free to add me as a friend if you wish!
  • antipholous
    Options
    It's all about dedication, how long you're willing to go. When things get rough (and they will during the first 3 weeks of working out) just think about what you have to do THIS day to get through. Tomorrow is another day, and we can worry about it when the time comes.
  • Bmorrow
    Bmorrow Posts: 169
    Options
    My husband and I are taking a trip of a lifetime to Sweden, Denmark, and Norway in July, and I have made a promise to myself to get in shape. This means losing 25 lb. and exercising 4 days a week. . . .

Day 1 is going great . . . but I fear the day my pink cloud bursts. This is why I'll need a lot of support!

Thanks,

Debbi
    Hey Debbi,
    The good thing about this site is that you are not alone and we are here for you. Obviously, we wouldn't be on a site that has the word Pal in it if we could do it my ourselves...so girl, remember we are watching and cheering. You can "friend" me if you like.
    Borrow
  • Bmorrow
    Bmorrow Posts: 169
    Options
    Like Your philosophy..lifeIS too short to laugh quietly!
    ... I agree.
  • hooah_mj
    hooah_mj Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    Welcome Newbie...you're in the right place. There's lots of great support here:happy:
    Keep posting and working your program...you have a wonderful trip at the end of this round, but don't forget...this is a life style change & it takes real dedication. You can do it :flowerforyou:

I Zumba, work out on the elliptical and walk my girls.
  • rschmmidt
    rschmmidt Posts: 296
    Options
    Hi Debbie. Welcome to the site, I think it is working for me. I'm 50 and have been looking for some pals about the same age. You can friend me if you like, maybe we can support each other!
  • tawny7
    tawny7 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Hi there!! Welcome to MFP!
    There's lots of support and help here!
    Best of luck on your journey.
    :flowerforyou: