Rewarding your progress

rlysrh
rlysrh Posts: 244
edited September 23 in Motivation and Support
So I've heard that a good form of motivation is to reward yourself after you reach certain goals and obviously its not a good idea to reward yourself with food or sweets, so I was just wondering what everyone else rewards themselves with?

My goal is only pretty small but I'm thinking I might reward myself with this handbag I've been wanting for a while. (:

Replies

• anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    It's not so much a reward as a necessity but I buy a newer wardrobe. My own success is pretty satisfying in itself as a reward for me.
  • elzettel
    elzettel Posts: 256
    A facial or mani/pedi...ahhh!
  • MrsFoster18
    MrsFoster18 Posts: 125 Member
    I reached my 10 pound mark and I got new running shoes!
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,033 Member
    for each 10 lbs I lose I buy myself a new pair of earrings. I love earrings and this way I will have a good selection by the time I reach my goal
  • nachisdoll
    nachisdoll Posts: 192 Member
    If i lose weight by my bday in may im gna go on vaca with my husband we havnt done that in soooo long! as long as the numbers are down from now were on for the vaca!!!!:smile:
  • Suzy_B
    Suzy_B Posts: 30 Member
    I'm close to my first 10 pound loss & was just thinking about this today. I haven't decided yet but these are all good ideas.
  • eates
    eates Posts: 334 Member
    I haven't worked out mini goals yet but at the 1/2 way mark I'm going to the massage school here and getting an hour long massage!
  • DanieGirl74
    DanieGirl74 Posts: 18 Member
    I hit my first 5 lbs. and bought the first season of Glee on DVD (via ebay) to watch while I work out. So both an incentive and a reward!
  • TiniTurtle
    TiniTurtle Posts: 595 Member
    i reward myself with little things throughout the week, not just when i reach a goal... like if i've gotten in my 8 glasses of water a day, i can have a diet soda or if i've done my workout, then i can go tanning. doing it that way helps me to stick to my bigger goals. i also have been buying my clothes a little tight so it's rewarding in itself when i pull on my new jeans and they aren't muffin topping or way too tight anymore & if they still fit too tight then it is a reminder not to order whatever sounds delicious on the menu or that once i'm home from my day, i'll need to work out. :o)
  • MeghanAM
    MeghanAM Posts: 222 Member
    I'm going to be rewarding myself with things that will help me towards the next goal! Like my first reward will be running shoes, and then a HRM, and then new workout clothes :smile:
  • DTetz
    DTetz Posts: 109 Member
    Mine are right below... I made add in some to :)
  • nachisdoll
    I have a new reward for myself! Ive been wanting to buy a big yoga ball....but money is tight so Ive been avoiding it....Im going to buy it when I could do 30 push ups! I started the one hundred push up challenge and as of today I could only do 10 so when i get to the Big 3-0 I will get that ball!!!
  • nachisdoll
    I have a new reward for myself! Ive been wanting to buy a big yoga ball....but money is tight so Ive been avoiding it....Im going to buy it when I could do 30 push ups! I started the one hundred push up challenge and as of today I could only do 10 so when i get to the Big 3-0 I will get that ball!!!
  • shreddingit
    shreddingit Posts: 1,133 Member
    rewards that you gotta spend your own money dont make sense to me at all....my reward is pushing more intensity in my workouts...a bag wont do nothing much....when I go out I want to be my best accessorie :wink:
  • My goal is only pretty small but I'm thinking I might reward myself with this handbag I've been wanting for a while. (:

That's a wonderful reward for yourself! The reason I like doing this is because even though the weight loss itself is a fantastic enough reward the thought of being able to purchase something I've been wanting for awhile helps to make me work out on those days when I am feeling unmotivated! THATS why i love it!
  • rlysrh
    rlysrh Posts: 244
    I haven't worked out mini goals yet but at the 1/2 way mark I'm going to the massage school here and getting an hour long massage!

I love this idea. That would be so relaxing (:

Thats a great idea. I did the 200 sit ups challenge last month and it was amazing how well it worked, I went from 30 sit ups to 95 in 3 weeks (: I'm sure you'll reach 30 push ups in no time (:
    I hit my first 5 lbs. and bought the first season of Glee on DVD (via ebay) to watch while I work out. So both an incentive and a reward!

Haha thats a good idea. Glee is awesome
This discussion has been closed.