30 day shred, No HRM, Calories Burned?

Options
I just stared 30 day shred level 1 today, I don't have a heart rate monitor and I'm 5'4 203lbs, I didn't kept going through the whole DVD. Do anyone have any idea about how many calories I would have burned?

Replies

• MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    log it as circuit training. It will be the closest in accuracy.
  • MsImperfect0
    MsImperfect0 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    i just log it in under circuit training and go by that until i buy a heart rate monitor, i just dont eat all my exercise calories back just to consider the difference their may be
  • Altiv
    Altiv Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    It really depends on your physical condition how much calories you burn, but if this can help you as a guide, I'm 5'6" and 147 lb. and burned 330 cals on my first day, for the next 9 days I averaged 250 cals.
  • sarahnicolexoxo
    Options
    I think MFP bases the calories you burn on your weight. So, if you log it in as circuit training, you should be close since MFP has what weight you are.
  • Sohnsearae
    Options
    Great thanks everyone!
  • ncqueenbee
    ncqueenbee Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    As previously mentioned, it all depends on ones physical endurance. I am 5'7 152 lbs and, according to my Polar HRM, I have never burned more than 175 calories on level one. This may have to do with the fact that I run 3-4 miles 3 days per week, and nothing gets my heart rate up as much as running does.

I've burned up to 235 on level 2 & 3 because those levels are more intense. I also find that I burn more calories when I do 20 minutes of cardio right before doing The Shred, that way my heart rate is already up before starting, therefore allowing me to burn more calories.

Hope that helps.