Recommend a great yoga dvd please?

believetoachieve
believetoachieve Posts: 675 Member
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
I haven't had time to go to yoga class lately, and I'm finding myself a bit stiff (and in need of some calming!). Can anyone recommend a good yoga dvd/show/etc ? The shorter the better of course - but nothing longer than an hour for sure!! The only one I've really heard of is JM's "Yoga Meltdown", the nintendo ds game, and one that I have on wii, haha. Bonus points if I can buy/download it online!!

Thanks in advance! :heart:

Replies

• schpanks
    schpanks Posts: 468 Member
    I've never done her yoga DVD, but I love Denise Austin's Pilates DVD.
  • schpanks
    schpanks Posts: 468 Member
    I've never done her yoga DVD, but I love Denise Austin's Pilates DVD.
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    I bought the Biggest Loser Yoga last year and it kicked my butt!
  • Barelmy
    Barelmy Posts: 590 Member
    I love Barbara Currie's 7 Secrets.
  • pandafoo
    pandafoo Posts: 367 Member
    Yoga Shakti by Shiva Rea is really good - you can customize your yoga workout, plus the scenery is gorgeous. I also like the kundalini yoga DVDs by Ravi Singh and Ana Brett - different but fun!
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    you might also try http://yogayak.com/

They sell DVD sets there, but you can also download one free per week.
  • Long shot but.. If you have Netflix I could make some suggestions. I have a Wii, so I stream my workout vids via my Wii. I like to do a yoga/pilates mix by Ellen Barrett, called Crunch: Super SlimDown. Its about 40 minutes long, but leaves you feeling pretty good after! I always do it after my kids go to bed, so I burn off a little extra and get myself ready for sleep. I just put a ton of new ones in my instant queue, so if you happy to have Netflix, then msg me and I'll let you know the ones I recommend.
  • SuzanneRogers
    SuzanneRogers Posts: 250 Member
    Love the Netflix idea.

I use Hulu and search fit tv or yoga. They have a whole channel fo yoga and pilates.
  • doutri2
    doutri2 Posts: 186 Member
    Anything by Rodney Yee. I really like his Yoga for Athletes video b.c it focuses on stretching the muscles that are commonly used during training and seldom forgotten to stretch.
  • amberwl
    amberwl Posts: 11 Member
    Jillian Michaels yoga melt down is AMAZING!!
This discussion has been closed.