Eggs

Options
I eat 3-5 egg whites and one whole egg almost EVERY morning. I love eggs and their simplicity! However, I'm starting to get a little bored. I bought some yummy fruit salsa's yesterday but I don't want to eat eggs and salsa every morning. I'm tired of mushrooms, onions and peppers.
How do you liven up your eggs?

Replies

• RachM
    RachM Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    For breakfast on egg days I do 1 whole wheat english muffin, 0.5 slice of deli cut havarti cheese, and 1 poached egg. I make it into a breakfast sandwich for onlt 280 calories!
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    I liven mine up with hot sauce. I eat hot sauce with just about everything I can. And I'm talkin about nothing with less heat than habanero peppers. I killed half a bottle of hot sauce with ghost chili in it in 1 week already. I'll even throw some horseradish on top for a different additional kick.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I use whole eggs, there's no reason not to. They don't raise your cholesterol and they don't have that much fat. I have 2 eggs, some whole pinto beans, hash browns, a little cheese, and a green chile. I cook the hash browns, then add the beans and green chile, cook until the moisture is gone, then add the eggs, scramble it all up and once the eggs are fully cooked I add the cheese (cut into small pieces) and scramble that until the cheese is melted.
  • james3302
    james3302 Posts: 119
    Options
    you can do alot with an omelet. Or maybe do french toast with whole wheat bread
  • imbwy420
    Options
    Usually I add spinach or hot sauce to them, but sometimes I make them over easy with a side of tossed mesclun greens, with oil and vinegar. Add a pinch of salt and pepper and it's perfect! You could also crumble some crackers or tortilla chips on top for added energy.
  • numberscolors
    Options
    two whole eggs scrambled with:
    -smoked salmon (or lox) and whipped light cream cheese (or a light laughing cow wedge)
    -cilantro, onions, red peppers, and tomatoes and a side of black beans. hot sauce on top! yum!

i also like 'em poached and then put over some spinach and tomato slices with a little balsamic and olive oil drizzled on top.
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    I've been eating 2 whole eggs scrambled with spinach and 2 small turkey sausage patties.
  • Dtho5159
    Dtho5159 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    My new favorite:

1 egg and 2 egg whites scrambled with 2 slices ham, 1 slice american cheese on a sandwich thin
  • aesoprok
    Options
    I love eggs too, and mexican food, so i love to make the occasional breakfast burrito. I start with a scrambled egg + 1 egg white, wrap it in a small whole wheat tortilla with Laughing Cow light swiss cheese spread, fresh salsa, a few avacado slices, and lowfat refried beans. It's delicious, low cal, and filling.
  • destin022401
    Options
    Sliced Avacados are a ton of flavor. If you use some aged parmesean cheese, you can add a lot of task for very little calories.
  • JackieBea
    Options
    Breakfast sandwich made with 2 slices of Hungry Girl's French Toast, 2 egg whites, turkey sausage, and fat free cheese and a alittle bit of SF maple syrup on the sausage for flavor. It feels like I'm eating some greasy-spoon concoction - or throwing one All-American into a sandwich (wink). This is what has me able to eat eggs again! If I don't have time to make the french toast, I use a tortilla factory high fiber tortilla in its place and just add a couple egg whites.
  • fitmamaoftwins
    Options
    veggie egg white omlette with fat free cheddar cheese =)
  • MobiusMan
    MobiusMan Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    smokehouse beans with eggs and hot sauce
  • aesoprok
    Options
    I liven mine up with hot sauce. I eat hot sauce with just about everything I can. And I'm talkin about nothing with less heat than habanero peppers. I killed half a bottle of hot sauce with ghost chili in it in 1 week already. I'll even throw some horseradish on top for a different additional kick.

I'm exactly the same, so in love with spice! Especially on eggs, with a sprinkle of cheddar. :love:
  • Jovialation
    Jovialation Posts: 7,632 Member
    Options
    I add lotsa hot sauce and fresh ground pepper.

Turkey is really good, too.
    So is pepperoni, but its not the best thing to keep in the house lol