P90X?

vickineversaynever
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
I was looking into the P90X program and I was wondering if anyone on here has used it for a while and knows that it works? Also any details you may have on it...
Worth the money?
What do you need for the programs?
Does it truly work?
Is it hard, endurance wise?
Thanks!

Replies

• Fesse
    Fesse Posts: 611
    Honestly, you best bet is to do a search and you will find a ton of information of this program... anything and everything you need to know. In my humble opinion, it's awesome.
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    It is an awesome program, never dd it myself but I know a ton of people who are doing it. However, I feel strongly that you need to be in some type of good physical health to do this.

I would highly suggest if you are not used to doing exercise to start with ChaLEAN Extreme or P90 (not the same as P90X) both are boot camps. I am doing ChaLEAN Extreme and lost 10-3/4 inches in 3 weeks. She is awesome!
  • DTetz
    DTetz Posts: 109 Member
    I am curious as well :) I am trying to borrow someones just to see what its all about before I spend the money on it.
  • I agreed with Fesse but I have used it and know some people who have used it and it works for us. I don't know how determined and dedicated you are but this is not your grandmother's workout. You need to read the instructions and follow their food guidelines. Before you can start with this one, you must be fit to do this exercise or you just want to step up your current workout. Visit their website and see if it's right for you. I did and my doctor agree with my workout.
  • jsecret
    jsecret Posts: 606 Member
    I am trying it now and am on day one. Regardless of how it ends up for me I will tell you it's an excellent program and will work wonders IF you stick with it. Like anything else you find you'll only get out of it what you put into it. If you are interested in the Power 90 (the one BEFORE P90X shoot me a message).
  • chanstriste13
    chanstriste13 Posts: 3,277 Member
    here - just to whet your appetite: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIpSoMgTsaw

i've done some of the programs but not all. i find them very challenging. this clip should give you some idea of what you're in for!
  • rockieschick
    rockieschick Posts: 321 Member
    I am on Day 21 and I am happy with it. You gotta stick to it tho, But as of now it seems to be worth it!
  • I just started the 2nd phase of the 3 phase program and I absolutely love it!! I have lost more inches than weight itself, but it tells you that is going to happen. you are increasing your muscle which does weigh more than fat. I would follow the nutrition plan and do the workout and give it your best and you will love it! And after I get done with the lean version I am going to do the classic!!! Its actually kinda addicting!:tongue:
  • seachelle
    seachelle Posts: 69 Member
    I have used P90X and got great results using it. I lost 20 lbs while using it. Prior to doing it I did Power 90 and lost 36 pounds. I know many many people who have used it and gotten great results as well.

Is it hard? YES. You will do push ups, pull ups, plyometrics(jump training), ab ripper, kenpo, yoga & more. You will be doing strength training& abs 3 days a week Cardio 2 days a week . Yoga 1 day a week and you get 1 rest/stretch day. The first round of P90X I had to modify alot but as I went along lost weight and gained strength I was able to do more and more and modify less and pause the video less. It's not a beginer program and you should check with your Dr. before starting a new program.

What equipment do you need? A few different weights from light to challenging or bands, a yoga mat, & pull up bar

Is it worth the money? I think so. I have done 5 rounds of P90X Classic and LOVE IT! You can mix it in with other workouts later on as well.

As posted above ChaLEAN Extreme is also a great program if your looking for challenging but not wanting to do Pull ups. ;D
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    I really enjoy the program so far. I just finished the first phase and I feel great. I feel so much stronger than I did a month ago. I can't wait to see my results after the full 90 days.

I think it's worth the money, I've learned so much from the videos and eventually I will do hybrids of other videos along with these to change things up even further. I want to do insanity next.

Yes the workouts are hard but I've been having fun so far.
  • pbahrik
    pbahrik Posts: 4 Member
    Definately a good program.
  • jsecret
    jsecret Posts: 606 Member
    Yesterday was my first day of the P90X and I decided to keep a blog so that I can keep notes day to day about how it's going, check it out if you're interested: www.mildlymelodramatic.blogspot.com
  • thanks for the info everyone!! it really helped!
  • roylawrence87
    roylawrence87 Posts: 970 Member
    Done it, check my pics. Worth it. Do it. Nuff said.
This discussion has been closed.