Working out with cold, calories in cold medicine...

Options
So I have been battling a cold this week. I wasn't going to work out but read an article that explained if your symptoms were at your neck or above it is ok to work out (obviously not pushing yourself too hard) but if symptoms are below the neck it is best to rest up and take some time off of working out. So I pushed through work outs the past couple of days and found it has broken up my congestion. So given this time of year where we all catch the occasional cold, I figure this advice may help others.

Now for topic number 2...my fiance and I were having a debate about nyquil. We were wondering if it had calories. With a quick google search I found that 2 tbsp of nyquil has 93 calories!!! How do they not put that on the label?!?! It also makes me wonder how many other meds have hidden calories...

Replies

• getfitdiva
    getfitdiva Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    I know! I took nyquil the last 2 nights and added it into my calories - I was shocked too :noway:
  • TiniTurtle
    TiniTurtle Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    i didn't know that. i wonder why they don't haveto list nutritional info. vitamins list their calories.
  • cmo115
    cmo115 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    So I have been battling a cold this week. I wasn't going to work out but read an article that explained if your symptoms were at your neck or above it is ok to work out (obviously not pushing yourself too hard) but if symptoms are below the neck it is best to rest up and take some time off of working out. So I pushed through work outs the past couple of days and found it has broken up my congestion. So given this time of year where we all catch the occasional cold, I figure this advice may help others.

Now for topic number 2...my fiance and I were having a debate about nyquil. We were wondering if it had calories. With a quick google search I found that 2 tbsp of nyquil has 93 calories!!! How do they not put that on the label?!?! It also makes me wonder how many other meds have hidden calories...

Thanks so much!! I just posted a blog wondering about working out with a head cold. I appreciate this!
  • sh3lby03
    sh3lby03 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    jnlynch- I don't know why they don't...I take fish oil pills daily and they have their nutritional info listed...strange considering cold medicines are regulated by the FDA so you think they would have to list more!

cms115- make sure if your cold gets into your chest you don't work out though. I hope mine keeps only just being a sore throat, cough, and congestion so I cna stay on my work out schedule!