Moobs?

jaskelley
jaskelley Posts: 62 Member
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
I'm about 40-50 lbs away from actually having to worry about this, but have any fellas out there who lost a ton of weight been left with man breasts? :-( Mine are quite supple currently, and I'm hoping once I get to a decent weight they're gone. I've seen plenty of guys that are in great shape but are stuck with substantial fatty tissue on their chest.

Can anyone out there chime in?

Replies

• mark996
    mark996 Posts: 184 Member
    Basically it's hit or miss. When I was down in weight, mine were going away quite nicely, but I still have a large chest, when I flex it's pretty solid. But now that I'm back up in weight, they're a little more there. There's no real way, barring liposuction, to absolutely get rid of them. You can't spot lose the weight from your chest, so don't believe that crap, but you can tone, and be left with a large, thick chest, which is gonna be better tenfold than flabby man boobs. I've had guys that we train with go both ways, some tightening up their chest, others get flabby. Long term, slow, steady weight loss will likely help with this as well, allowing the skin time to tighten and tone instead of a crazy all out loss. Best of luck bro, regardless of the outcome, moobs, keep at it.
  • thomasvision
    thomasvision Posts: 129 Member
    Omaha your crazy for this post. The title cracked me up. But I am hope when I lose my 60 - 70 lbs my Moobs will be gone as I did not have then when I was fit. I think its like the other guy said its hit or miss.
  • jaskelley
    @Mark: That's my fear, that's it's hit or miss, knowing there's no way to spot reduce. I just hope I come down on the good side. :D Saw 5/3/1 in your sig. Are you doing that currently?

@TV: Inquiring minds want to know about moobs, man!
  • gdunn55
    gdunn55 Posts: 363
    It's a process.. Just don't give up.
  • mark996
    mark996 Posts: 184 Member
    I ran 5/3/1 for a while on a pretty severe cutting process, but wasn't hitting the weights I felt I should be, so I dropped 5/3/1, went back to my old 6x6 routine my old powerlifting coach wrote up for me. I really liked 5/3/1 just at the time, didn't feel myself making the steady progression, but now that I'm off that diet, and on carb cycling again, I won't be dropping weight as fast and can restore my glycogen stores more frequently, I may hit up 5/3/1 again in the future. I'll run my 6x6 probably until the end of summer at least. For me, it's a lot of volume, and I always add heavy triples, doubles or singles after my 6x6 work, and usually do lighter sets after that with pauses at the bottom for squats and bench, or work on speed for dead lifts. It's also easier for me on a 6x6 routine to add strongman training days at least twice a week. Allows for a wee bit more freedom. I do have Wendlers 5/3/1 ebook and excel logbook if you want them. The ebook is full of info, and the logbook is super helpful for calculating how heavy you need to go each week.
  • jaskelley
    Thanks for the offer. I was thinking about giving it a try, but decided to hold off for a bit. I'm just getting back into lifting after about four years away, so I'll probably wait until I have some more strength built up.
  • It would just be unfair if y'all ended up with your luscious Moobs but then some of us ladies used to our ample lusty abundance would have to face downsizing our bras LOL. The universe definitely has such a twisted sense of humor :).
This discussion has been closed.