It is the little things.....

Options
Sometimes it is the little things that really show you that it is worth it (especially when the scale is refusing to budge!)

1. When your stomach sticks out less than your width( when looking in the mirror)
2. When you no longer have to fill the bathtub to the top to cover your belly.
3. When the tendons stand out in your neck when you turn your head.
4. When you run up the stairs to your apartment due to the rain and are not out of breath at the top.
5. When you do a work out you haven't done in awhile and are shocked that you aren't wiped out afterwards.(which you were the last time you did it)

Replies

• Xandi
    Xandi Posts: 319
    Options
    Thank you for giving me something to be thankful about :)
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    I am still trying to get used to my new body....I have to remember I am not the person I used to be. For instance today, I was at a party, and I forgot that hey, it does not matter where I sit, I am not as big as I used to be.
  • kaylenlawrence
    kaylenlawrence Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    you are totally right!
  • fitmamaoftwins
    Options
    kudos
  • AADLONG
    AADLONG Posts: 12
    Options
    Remember muscle weighs more than fat. That could part of the scale. Sometimes it just falls off at one time. I go days without losing then all of the sudden I have lost 2 lbs. Remember you have to change up exercise and food so your body doesnt get in a rut. I am with you it is not always about the numbers.
  • rosita76
    Options
    Thanks! That was uplifting and helped put things in perspective!
  • reneelee
    reneelee Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    Being able to tuch in a shirt and look good. Just started doing that this December for the first time in my adult life!
  • MemphisMarly
    Options
    ...when your boots fit better!

(no longer too snug on the calves)
  • joysu
    joysu Posts: 71
    Options
    love the one about tucking in your shirt!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!