splenda

Options
Does anyone else think that Splenda tastes weird???? I am trying to de-sugar-fy my coffee (it's where I put the most sugar), and someone suggested I use Splenda instead. I think it tastes funny!! Does anyone else have this same problem?? If so - any suggestions on what else I could do??? Thanks in advance!!

Replies

• kaylenlawrence
    kaylenlawrence Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I dislike splenda..it makes my stomach have this empty feeling and then I want to eat everything in sight..
    try Truvia is natural sugar sweetner and has a great taste and 0 calories!
  • furrina
    furrina Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Just try getting used to it without sweetener at all. It's one of those tiny changes that can make a difference without much effort and turn coffee into a very low calorie treat.
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    Have you tried Truvia?

Or they make sugar free coffee creamer if you like your coffee blonde--it sweetens it as well.

Also, sugar free coffee syrups are my absolute favorite. I use those babies in everything!!!
  • Meggie_pooh
    Meggie_pooh Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    i am actually a huge fan of splenda! I add it to everything...best on strawberries and blueberries :0)
  • shvrngrl
    shvrngrl Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I stopped drinking coffee and have tea. I found the only reason I ever drink coffee is for the cup of "coffe with my sugar and cream"! Without the cream and sugar, coffee taste gross to me. Currently I love Forte blackberry tea. It has its own sweetness and its satisfies my hot morning drink craving.
    And yes splenda taste strange and it gave me horrible headaches.
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    Splenda is made of sucralose, which is about 40x sweeter than sugar, if memory serves me right. I typically use only one packet and 2 tsp of coffee mate and a bit of cinnamon. I also add a shot of sugar free vanilla coffee flavoring. Or you could just add creamer sans the sweetener. That's about the extent that I can give for trying to use less or no sugar.
  • maricari
    maricari Posts: 133
    Options
    Have you tried Truvia?

Or they make sugar free coffee creamer if you like your coffee blonde--it sweetens it as well.

Also, sugar free coffee syrups are my absolute favorite. I use those babies in everything!!!

YES! it tastes weird and is not good for you if you havae sugar cravings. Your brain recognizes similar to sugar and will not help sugar craving go away at all. Stevia, which you can get in drops, packets and multiple flavors is much better as a sugar substitute. There is an english toffee stevia that is great in coffee
  • katybeth534
    Options
    Thanks, everyone for the great ideas!
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Just try getting used to it without sweetener at all. It's one of those tiny changes that can make a difference without much effort and turn coffee into a very low calorie treat.

Yes! If you have some good, fresh, properly brewed coffee, it's a shame to ruin it with sweeteners and creamers, yuck. On the other hand, if the coffee is so vile that it needs sweetener or creamer, then why even bother.
  • fitmamaoftwins
    Options
    I like equal =)
  • shvrngrl
    shvrngrl Posts: 205 Member
    Options

Yes! If you have some good, fresh, properly brewed coffee, it's a shame to ruin it with sweeteners and creamers, yuck. On the other hand, if the coffee is so vile that it needs sweetener or creamer, then why even bother.

I agree. I found I only drink coffee for the sweetness. Unfortunately, I still love to drink it loaded and its a great pre-run booster!
  • mrb_9110
    mrb_9110 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    i am actually a huge fan of splenda! I add it to everything...best on strawberries and blueberries :0)
    I always sweeten up my fruit with splenda (especially now that most fruit is in the off season and not so sweet) but I did think it had kind of a funny taste at first, especially in coffee, but I got used to it. Now coffee with real sugar tastes way too sweet.