New to all of this :)

Options
Hi yall !

My name is Des, I am 24 years old from NC. I have been using the site and droid app for 3 weeks now and have lost 9 pounds so far (YAY!) but have never posted. I recently had a week where I really didn't stay as motivated as I have been so I thought this is the best time to start. I am in a relationship (6 years in march!) with a man that has been hugely supportive and has been helping me more than I could have expected which has helped a ton.

I have been overweight since I was in early elementary school. I got down to a healthy weight about 6 years ago but didn't do it the right way and all the weight + some has now come back. I spent maybe 1 summer of my life total at a healthy weight and I am determined fix it.

Honestly I have gotten to the point in my life that I understand that it isn't going to be easy. I am not looking for an easy out this time around. I want to be an overall healthy person. I want to be in good shape for the first time in my life.

Well I hope to get to know you guys and offer any help or moral support I can.

Good to meet you!

Replies

• cheshirequeen
    cheshirequeen Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    welcome to the site and good luck to you. the site is so amazing and the people here are so encouraging. feel free to friend me. the people here are so friendly. you are definitely amongst friend
  • Thanks!
    I am really looking forward to being able to talk to people going through the same things that I am. It will be nice to be able to have answers to those "Oh crap I _____, did I ruin my diet?" or "Uggh....___ is really making it hard this week" ya know?
  • mountainwoman98
    mountainwoman98 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your decision to be healthy. Feel free to friend me if you like :)