Calories burned doing Insanity??

newmeat30
newmeat30 Posts: 766 Member
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
I was wondering how many calories you are burning doing Insanity. I dont' know if there is a problem with my HRM or what, but on average I am burning around 300 calories during each workout (my husband is burning twice that many with each workout).

I am sweating my butt off, my heart is pounding out of my chest, and my HRM (Polar F6) says that my average heart rate is 133 and my max is 155...giving me a burn of around 300 calories. :noway: That just doesn't seem right to me (I can burn the same amount walking on the treadmill for 35 minutes).

PLEASE tell me how many you burn on average. :happy:

Replies

• luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    I have a polar FT4 with a chest strap does yours have a chest strap--I think it does if I remember right. Those are most accurate.

You know that those Beachbody claims that are made stating you can burn 1000 calories an hour are really claimed after man's stats anyhow. I am doing ChaLean Extreme and TurboJam and my FT4 tells me my burn is about 350-400 calories. My heart rate is zone all the time except when we do anaerobic intervals.

I believe my FT4 is correct and I always believed that the MFP calories burned database is way over-inflated. I knew that from the beginning even before I owned my FT4. The sad part is some people are recording that they burn 1000 to 2000 calories a day based on this data base. And I am having a hard time believing that. I think 300 calories burned is pretty darn good! I know, I am sweating too and my heart is racing too, but dang I love it!!!!
  • sarahtiano
    sarahtiano Posts: 78 Member
    I have the Polar FT7 and I burn about 300 calories too. When I first saw that number after using my HRM for the first time I was sooo discouraged! I felt the same way like "I just worked my a** off and that's all I get??!" But remember Insanity is cardio AND strength so it might not be super high (you get less cal burn for strength... or at least I do) Don't give up! insanity is psycho I know. I going to send you a friend request and we can talk more about it (aka we can lament at how our souls are slowly dying from Insanity haha)
  • newmeat30
    newmeat30 Posts: 766 Member
    I have a polar FT4 with a chest strap does yours have a chest strap--I think it does if I remember right. Those are most accurate.

You know that those Beachbody claims that are made stating you can burn 1000 calories an hour are really claimed after man's stats anyhow. I am doing ChaLean Extreme and TurboJam and my FT4 tells me my burn is about 350-400 calories. My heart rate is zone all the time except when we do anaerobic intervals.

I believe my FT4 is correct and I always believed that the MFP calories burned database is way over-inflated. I knew that from the beginning even before I owned my FT4. The sad part is some people are recording that they burn 1000 to 2000 calories a day based on this data base. And I am having a hard time believing that. I think 300 calories burned is pretty darn good! I know, I am sweating too and my heart is racing too, but dang I love it!!!!

Yes, my monitor does have a chest band with it. I may try working out using my husband's band on to see how that registers. Are men programmed to just burn more calories??
  • liz827
    liz827 Posts: 193 Member
    My watch tells me that I burn anywhere from 500 - 700 calories every time I work out. It's been pretty consistent thought out my workouts too.
This discussion has been closed.