13»

Replies

• Koozy81
    Koozy81 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
  • BlazinEmerald
    Options
    I was 32 when I had my son.

I was also 255 at my first pre-natal appointment! I was very overweight but I had a healthy pregnancy anyway. I was still active and healthy in how I ate, etc. Yes, it is generally better to start out at a healthier weight but it's not completely impossible to be heavy and have a healthy pregnancy too.

It's amazing, we are planning to start trying for baby #2 around Sept/Oct....it will be interesting to see how different it is to be pregnant having lost so much weight now!

THANK YOU for that, my doc ordered me to do what I could between now and the end of the year, then he would evaluate my health...blood pressure, blood glucose levels etc.....and see where we stand. But that left me thinking, I won't be in a healthy weight range.....we'll just have to see what transpires. Did you have him naturally?

When I gave birth i was 280 lbs , only 21 of that was baby weight. I had a good pregnancy. He was tiny just 4lb 8 oz, but that wasnt due to my size. The placenta became partially detached and the cord was pinch limiting his food intake. THAT happened before I knew I was pregnant , we were moving and I was helping lift and carry all the heavy things. I had my son by c section but again this was not due to my weight, my cervix is deformed and I can never have a natural birth. Obviously the healthier you are the better. But I enjoyed my pregnancy and had no issues due to my weight.
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    25 and 33
  • denmother46
    denmother46 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I was 38 ( almost 39) when I had my only child ( a boy). Had no problems getting pregnant or during the pregancy. He was born right on schedule @ 9 1/2 lbs. The only reason I wish I had been younger was so I could have had a second, but by the time I was ready to even start considering doing it again I was already 40 and didnt want to push my luck, although I know lots of people who had no prob over 40 as well. Good luck to you
  • Lavendersunday
    Lavendersunday Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    First at 26 :smile:

Second at 30 :smile: :smile:

Third at 38 almost 39. :smile: :smile: :smile:

Closed for indefinate vacation...:laugh:

~Namaste :flowerforyou:
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    I'm almost 24, no babies yet. I plan on waiting until I am around 27 or 28 to have my first. You are certainly NOT too old! Just focus on getting yourself healthy and good things will happen :flowerforyou:
  • SThayer
    SThayer Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I was 18 when I had my only child. He will be 29 this August.
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    All this baby talk is making my uterus do the cha-cha!

I would love to have my 3rd before I turn 30... *sigh* (don't ask why.. just cuz:indifferent:)

Good luck to everyone!!!
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    20, almost 21, with first and 29 with my second one...
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    30-(suprise child):bigsmile:
  • KrisKabob
    KrisKabob Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    24 and hopefully, 26... heehee!
  • Sarah_S
    Sarah_S Posts: 46
    Options
    24 and 25. I am now 28
  • mello
    mello Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    Wow, thank you all.

You've made me feel better today, it was just one of those days I was in "worry mode"