spirulina

Options
Who takes it? What brand? Is it worth it& have u felt re effects?

Replies

• dniapas
    dniapas Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I take it, but for the life of me I can't remember the brand right now. I'm at work. When I get home, I'll post the brand. I also take green tea extract, cranberry extract and milk thistle. Of course, I drink plenty of water with it (at least 10 glasses a day).I've definitely felt the effects in that I have way more energy and I shed six pounds my first week.
  • cobyh
    cobyh Posts: 15
    Options
    I LOVE Spirulina. Every morning after my 5km run I have a glass of liquid cholorophyll and six spirulina tablets (the brand is Synergy). The first week after you take it you will feel like your insides are being turned out and detoxed. After that, its just a really nice way of feeling clean and healthy.

Good luck!
  • fitniknik
    fitniknik Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    I used to take the shake form of it... Ishy!! If you can get it in pill form it would probably be wayyy better!
  • asj0901
    asj0901 Posts: 141
    Options
    I buy mine at trader joes. It is in the vitamin section. I have only been taking it for about two weeks. So far I havent noticed a change in energy, however I have lost 3lbs in two weeks.... Not sure if its related or I am just having a good week. We shall see. However I have to say they smell like a fish bowl.... and I have to take take them fast with a lot of water... or I start gagging. They were not expensive at Trader Joe's you might as well give them a try for your self. Let me know how it turns out.
  • milaxx
    milaxx Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    I add it to my juices and smoothies. No negative effects. If you use too much it taste like dirt, so go gently. I can't recall the brand.
    I sometimes have a smoothie or juice fruit and veg for breakfast so I like adding spirulina & flaxseed powders to make them more nutritious.