Hi there! New (sort of) and needing motivation...

Options
Hello, I've been on the site for a while now, but just recently committed myself to food logging every day. I'm also committing to exercising at least 30 min per day. A little about myself: I have four children at home and I am a graduate student. It seems I always start losing weight then about two weeks into it, I lose my way. I want to stay committed and maybe having a group of online support might help. I had gestational diabetes with my last pregnancy so I know if I don't lose weight I will end up with diabetes. I hope my story sounds familiar to some and maybe we can go on this journey together. I'd like to lose 50 pounds, not quite sure what my goal date is, maybe that's something the online community can help with.

Replies

• Jensjoy1073
    Options
    Log in everyday and you will be encouraged... I have three kids myself , was border line gest. diabetic with number two. My weight has gone up and down since I started having children, you are not alone! Decide to log everything in (even on the days you are busy) that keeps me motivated.. I want to be under everyday! Good luck and hang in there!!
  • bevcrok
    bevcrok Posts: 40
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! I once read that part of the challenge of exercising is actually getting to the gym. I think of logging food in the same way. The very least you can do is log in every day, and if you happen to log your food for the day, it's a bonus! Just build it into a habit and it will become easier.
  • Jb71483
    Jb71483 Posts: 10
    Options
    ok, so I dont have children and luckily I'm nowhere near diabetes (that I know of) BUT I do know what you mean as far as losing your way after 2 weeks. Im the same way and it has taken a lot for me to log on for more than 14days but Ive done it and I feel great. It actually helps me to see what my weight will be in 5 weeks if I keep going at the rate i'm going and that I stay under my calories. I even had a talk with my husband to help me stay on track. I told most of my friends what I was doing because I know it will help keep me focused. I know eventually they will ask "how is that diet going?" and I want to be able to give them a good answer opposed to haning my head in shame :) Hopefully I make sense to you :)