I need your help!!!!

Options
I have a meeting to attend next week and I have to bring something for everyone to eat. There will be about 11 people there. Do you have any yummy, yet low calorie food ideas? Other people usually bring muffins and streusel cake, etc. I want bring something good and different...

Replies

• imbwy420
    Options
    Veggie platters and creative dips!
  • steampunkgirl
    Options
    Whenever I go to a potluck I always bring a fruit bowl with melon, strawberries, grapes all separated. It's always a big hit. Bring some cool whip maybe is people want something extra with it.
  • Hova1914
    Hova1914 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I'd bring a fruit flower arrangement thingy from edible arrangements. Then you get a healthy assortment of fruits, and people think it's all fancy dancy & cool because it came from edible arrangements.
  • liscar
    liscar Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    how about some fruit skewers? Chop up various types of yummy fruit - kind of on the chunky side and then put them on skewers ---- you can buy wooden skewers and cut them in half. Then take some plain or fruity yogurt and put a bit of honey the yogurt then they can dip the fruit :)
  • atomdraco
    atomdraco Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    May be try Chocolate Covered Strawberry. I googled, it has 30 calories per strawberry.
  • Sykora
    Sykora Posts: 3
    Options
    One idea is Mini Bagels with Reduced Fat Flavored Cream Cheese spreads! I love Sarah Lee's 100 calorie Mini bagels, they come in plain, cinnamon and Blueberry, and I usually just get the strawberry philadelphia cream cheese spread. If they put one serving (2Tablespoons) of cream cheese on their bagel, that's only 135 calories! At that rate, they could have two or three!
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Fruit and cheese platter with a few different cheeses and crackers and whatever yummy fruit you can get locally. No one will know if one of the cheeses is a lower fat one. Add a nice quince paste or chilli jam and it will look very gourmet.
    You can eat the fruit and crackers, one or two pieces of cheese and let everyone else pig out on whatever they like!
  • ladyhawk00
    ladyhawk00 Posts: 2,457 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I can't think of any of my recipes for get togethers that are very low-cal, at the moment. I still need to eat dinner and I'm famished = brain isn't on low-cal right now! lol

Fruit salad of some kind? (find a recipe a little more fancy than usual)

I've made some awesome muffins (blueberry, blackberry, whatever) that are sweetened with molasses, so they aren't as bad as regular muffins.

Some mini-quiches made with healthy stuff?

*Off to eat dinner* :blushing:
  • atomdraco
    atomdraco Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    Also found this artible, "Tips on Easy Healthy Snacks for the Office Worker":

http://www.suite101.com/content/tips-on-easy-healthy-snacks-for-the-office-worker-a325790
  • jules_lives_outloud
    Options
    I will have to remember mini bagels one , i have to bring stuff to work all the time :flowerforyou:
  • kiannlouise
    kiannlouise Posts: 310 Member
    Options

Yummm! that sounds like the best idea! or salsa and multigrain crackers?
    chicken and salad wraps?
  • PhatGirl610
    Options
    if you go with the fruit try a yogurt dip or cottage cheese...
  • ramonaquimby
    ramonaquimby Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Hummus is always a crowd pleaser and can be adapted to suit different tastes! Guacamole is another. Mini-quiches made with liquid egg whites.

I brought this easy "pate" to a cocktail party, and it was a huge hit!

Walnut Mushroom Pate
    3 tbsp olive oil
    1 cup onion, diced
    3 cloves garlic
    1 tsp dried thyme
    1 tsp dried tarragon
    1/4 tsp salt
    Freshly ground pepper
    1 lb cremini mushrooms, chopped
    1 cup lightly toasted walnuts
    3/4 cup cooked cannellini beans
    1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
    Up to 1/4 cup cold vegetable broth, or water

1. Heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onions and saute for 3 to 5 minutes until translucent, then add the garlic, thyme, tarragon, salt and pepper, and cook for another minute. Next add the mushrooms and cook for 7 to 10 minutes until they are very soft, lowering the heat if necessary to prevent them from burning.

2. While the mushrooms are cooking, place the walnuts in a food processor or blender and process until very fine. Add the cooked mushroom mixture to the walnuts in the food processor, along with the balsamic vinegar, beans and remaining tablespoon of olive oil. Process until smooth, adding the vegetable broth 1 tablepspoon at a time as needed. Continue to puree the ingredients until the pate resembles a smooth, thick and spreadable paste. Scrape mixture into an airtight container and chill for at least an hour before serving, to allow the flavours to meld.
  • tater8589
    tater8589 Posts: 616
    Options

Totally Agree! I love veggie platters (now I'm hungry lol)