Plateaus

dancah18
dancah18 Posts: 26
edited September 23 in Health and Weight Loss
Okay so I have hit a plateau that I have been at for about a month. I haven't been perfect this month but I have been pretty good. So I was just wondering: What is your best advice for getting past a plateau? I would really appreciate any advice I can get!

Replies

• Change something! It can be anything - you just need to mix up your routine. Up your calorie intake for a few days - if you're at 1200, up it to 1300-1400. Change your workout routine. If you usually run, try interval training or a workout dvd instead. Change something in your diet - stop eating bread for a week, add more protein, whatever it is that works for you. Our bodies get used to things pretty quickly - we need to keep them guessing!
  • ebkins7
    ebkins7 Posts: 427 Member
    Change something! It can be anything - you just need to mix up your routine. Up your calorie intake for a few days - if you're at 1200, up it to 1300-1400. Change your workout routine. If you usually run, try interval training or a workout dvd instead. Change something in your diet - stop eating bread for a week, add more protein, whatever it is that works for you. Our bodies get used to things pretty quickly - we need to keep them guessing!

DITTO!!!
This discussion has been closed.