P90X/Insanity Hybrid opinions?

Options
I have just finished Insanity. However I want to start again but was thinking I could get more results with incorporating P90X workouts with it. I want to know from those who have done the hybrid or exercise expertise people what they feel about it. Did you see better results or were they the same for those Insanity orP90X graduates alone, or would you have preferred to have just done one workout program than the other? I go to school and work full time so I'm still kind of iffy with performing both the workouts. I was also thinking about just doing Insanity with here and there strength exercises. All the advice I can get would be appreciated.
Also what was your diet? I did see results with Insanity but I did not eat as well as I would have liked.

Replies

• Punktorian
    Punktorian Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    If you look around on google you can find some plans people have done. Most use the resistance workouts from P90X and most of the basic structure then just substitute in the more intense insanity cardio options.
  • wcam81
    wcam81 Posts: 2
    Options
    If you like p90X and Insanity try adding in some crossfit and crossfit endurance - you can go to crossfit.com or crossfitendurance.com and take a look. Just be sure that you watch the videos of the proper form for the exercises since some are not typical of what we may do in the gym on a regular basis.
  • BOGmama2010
    BOGmama2010 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Have you done a round of P90X by itself first? It's not recommended to do a hybrid until you have done both programs by themselves. That being said, Insanity cardio does take place of Plyo, Kenpo, and Yoga in the P90X schedule. The nutrition guide for P90X would probably be the best one to follow.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    I substitute out Plyo and Kenpo all the time with other things such as Insanity. I am doing a hybrid right now of P90X and Turbo Kick (NOT Turbo Jam or Turbo Fire...). Some weeks I add cardio on Sundays (rest day or X Stretch day) so I can have 3 cardio days. I never take out Yoga X because I feel that it is essential to the program.
  • jmhunter84
    jmhunter84 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I admire you for completing the Insanity workouts! I am considering but not sure if I want to introduce my body to that just yet, I have a very crazy work schedule.