Hi Everyone!

eHarris
eHarris Posts: 160
edited September 18 in Introduce Yourself
So I've been over weight my whole life basically. But recently (as in the last two to three years), with job stress and wedding stress and school stress, its been tough to keep my weight in check. I've hit 235 and thats higher than I ever imagined I'd go so ...now I'm here. :smile:

I want to get down to 150. I don't have a time frame but I'd like to see it happen in close to a year. My birthday is the 21st...weekend after next...I think I'd like to reach something close to my goal weight by my next birthday.

I have a new job that is way less stressful, the wedding is done, my husband is on board, and there's a gym on my way home from work (and yes I'm a member). I've got everything set up to turn my life around, but I want to hold myself accountable too. I always try to start food journals and then I loose the notebook so I figured this would be way easier.

Anyhoo....back to work for me. Hope you guys are all having a great day! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• eHarris
    eHarris Posts: 160
    So I've been over weight my whole life basically. But recently (as in the last two to three years), with job stress and wedding stress and school stress, its been tough to keep my weight in check. I've hit 235 and thats higher than I ever imagined I'd go so ...now I'm here. :smile:

I want to get down to 150. I don't have a time frame but I'd like to see it happen in close to a year. My birthday is the 21st...weekend after next...I think I'd like to reach something close to my goal weight by my next birthday.

I have a new job that is way less stressful, the wedding is done, my husband is on board, and there's a gym on my way home from work (and yes I'm a member). I've got everything set up to turn my life around, but I want to hold myself accountable too. I always try to start food journals and then I loose the notebook so I figured this would be way easier.

Anyhoo....back to work for me. Hope you guys are all having a great day! :flowerforyou:
  • LokiFae
    LokiFae Posts: 774 Member
    Welcome!!!! This is the best site around for support and any kind of help or information you might need. You're going to do great!!! :flowerforyou:
  • auntkaren
    auntkaren Posts: 1,490 Member
    Hi and Welcome:flowerforyou: It sounds like you have set a reasonable goal for yourself. It seems that taking the weight off by eating healthier and exercise at a pound or two a week is so much more sensible, then the way I use to crash diet and then put it all back on, because I didn't learn to eat proper foods. This site has and is so helpful to me and the MFPal's are awesome. Glad to have you with us on this new lifestyle and even better that your stress is down now.:smile:
  • neome90
    neome90 Posts: 420
    Hi and Welcome:flowerforyou: It sounds like you have set a reasonable goal for yourself. It seems that taking the weight off by eating healthier and exercise at a pound or two a week is so much more sensible, then the way I use to crash diet and then put it all back on, because I didn't learn to eat proper foods. This site has and is so helpful to me and the MFPal's are awesome. Glad to have you with us on this new lifestyle and even better that your stress is down now.:smile:
    . . Hello eHarris and welcome. Ditto on auntkaren. :flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.