zumba

Jess21684
Jess21684 Posts: 202 Member
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
If i go to a zumba class at the gym what would I log that under as?! I dont have a heartrate watch right now so im not sure how many cals im burning exactly and there is nothing specific listed for zumba so if anybody does zumba, would do you guys log it as? maybe aerobics general or low impact? I dont think its very high impact.. it doesnt seem like it would get my heartrate up enough for that. I was thinking of logging it as general or low impact aerobics? im not quite sure..!

Replies

• jmhunter84
    jmhunter84 Posts: 206 Member
    I love zumba. I would log as low intensity. It does burn alot of calories. You may have to customize logging it in? Try googling it!
  • fitag
    fitag Posts: 75 Member
    I created it as an exercise of my own. But to be honest I cant remember how I worked out the calories. I logged it as 55mins for 410 cals. My heart rate goes up when I do it. Lots of jumping around for me! lol .... But personally I wouldnt consider it to be low impact aerobics..not for me anyway. You must be pretty fit! :) ...I know that I work harder in my combat class though, maybe just slightly harder. I think I have tracked it on my heart rate monitor as around 600cals for combat (i think thats like tae bo in the US). Hope that helps :)
  • Jess21684
    yeah idk for me zumba isnt too hard of a workout. i dont get as winded or tired as some of the other girls in the class.. I do workout quite a bit, jogging and all so compared to my other workouts its more laid back but like i said im not 100% sure of how many cals im burning. who knows, it could b more than i think! I just googled zumba and it describes it mainly as "dance fitness class" so maybe you could log it as like general dance even? aghh idk
  • Lstrode
    Lstrode Posts: 51
    I went to a class one time, and it kicked my butt! I would consider it high-impact.. I was out of breath, drenched in sweat.. trying to keep up! maybe it depends on your weight and level of fitness..??
  • Jess21684
    there is a "dance, aerobics, ballet modern etc" workout in the database. zumba seems to be described as a dance based workout so maybe i could log it as that.
  • jmhunter84
    jmhunter84 Posts: 206 Member
    Yes it is an aerobic dance class, its high impact or low impact really depending on your instructor.
  • pandafoo
    pandafoo Posts: 367 Member
    i have been logging it as aerobic dancing (modern or ballet, twist), because it gets my heart rate way up! :) for myself, it's definitely hi-impact - my HR went up to 170 and i burned 580 calories according to my HRM.
  • AMummysLife
    AMummysLife Posts: 264 Member
    I had to customize it for my own general use.
  • Jess21684
    hmm lol i guess its just me that thinks its not that high impact
This discussion has been closed.