I am a 28yr Female who will be having heart surgery next wee

jlmorse
jlmorse Posts: 5
edited September 23 in Introduce Yourself
Hey everyone,

My name is Jess. I have to admit I LOVE food. I started having heart problems (genetically related) and I also have joint issues from a disease called Ankylosing Spondylitis. This has led me to be fairly sedentary, and therefore I have gained about 15 pounds :( I will be going to the Mayo Clinic next week and I hope to start exercising once my recovery is over. I obviously will only be able to do light exercises and nothing at all with my arms for awhile because of the type of surgery I am having. Meanwhile I am trying to watch my diet. I am hoping to drop about 15 pounds.

A bit about me, I am a vegetarian so my diet is a bit different then most. I love life, I have experienced great losses in life which has made me a very strong person. I work with animal rescues, I love my two step-kids, I live for the summers so I can garden, camp, have bonfires, 4-wheel and well just be outside. I love to read, cook, knit and be with my friends and family. I look forward to getting to know you guys:) Hugs ♥♥♥

Jess

Replies

• jedday
    jedday Posts: 119
    good luck i hope everything comes out okay
  • bluehooked
    bluehooked Posts: 80 Member
    Good luck with the surgery Jess and i;m sure i speak for all of us on here and wish you all the beast and a speedy recovery.
  • fitoverfifty
    fitoverfifty Posts: 192 Member
    wow....heart surgery.....I wish you all the best with that!
    I hope you manage to reach your goals...I'm sure staying at a healthy weight will help you with your health issues.

Have a speedy recovery and good luck with the weight loss!
  • Looking forward to seeing great things from you sis, i'll be praying for you as you go through heart surgery wow! I dig your spirit.....very good energy! hugs
  • nilisabel
    nilisabel Posts: 338
    weight loss is health gaining :) so feed your body to prepare for surgery and make sure you get all the stuff you need (vitamins, minerals, protein) and limit the stuff you don't need (saturated fats, chemicals that replace sugar and stuff like that). At least that's what I would do. I have JRA so I'm losing weight to get the strain of extra poundage off my joints. I just had an eye exam and my blood vessels look good, but i just found out I got astigmatism, boo.

I am praying for your upcoming surgery, and look forward to getting to know you better :) as you get better! You don't have to be on a calorie restriction diet to get to know people on this site, so check in :)
  • I am so excited for all the posts, I love to meet new people :) You all look like such fun nice folks. How are all your weight loss goals coming along???
  • brittlynne3579
    brittlynne3579 Posts: 217 Member
    I pray your surgery goes well!!!! Good luck :flowerforyou:
  • mountainwoman98
    mountainwoman98 Posts: 182 Member
    Sending healing energy your way. Welcome to the site, I have learned so much here and have always found it to be such an inspiring and welcoming place.
  • joann
    joann Posts: 624 Member
    Good luck with your surgery, with your positive attitude Im sure you will go thru it with flying colors. I would not worry to much about the 15 lbs you gained until after your surgery. You have enough on your plate. Worrying about the gain is only adding stress ...again good luck Im sure everyone on mfp will be praying for you..........
This discussion has been closed.