Green Tea Fat Burner Pills

Options

Replies

• ril0riley
    ril0riley Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Leaving their efficacy aside for a moment-- even if they DO work exactly as promoted-- keep in mind what you're signing up for. If you CAN'T lose weight without gimmicks or specialized products, you need to either make peace with buying and taking them for the rest of your life, or you'll start slipping once you do finally go off them.

That said, that's a fate I do feel comfortable enough to live with. I'll stick with my morning and lunch cups of coffee, which help immensely in keeping the hunger at bay. Despite this being a casual AND socially accepted addition, its not a choice I would make lightly.
  • CrazyTrackLady
    CrazyTrackLady Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    I've been using them for about 2 weeks now, I really don't think they help. I think once I finish this box, I am done with pill gimics. In my opinion the only pills that are likely to work is if they are recommended by a doctor. I've heard mixed reviews about Alli, so I'm not sure I want to dish out $45 for a bottle.

Doctors are not nutritionists, therefore even doctors needlessly prescribe diet pills that don't do ANY thing. Ignore ALL diet pills, diet supplements, magic pills, fad diets. JUST EAT RIGHT AND EXERCISE.
  • fvolley
    fvolley Posts: 124
    Options
    As with most supplements, the benefits of a vitamin/nutrient from a natural source is much better than one from a manufactured pill. It's my understanding that you can only get the benefits of green tea by drinking it. And you have to drink brewed tea, not instant or bottled. The pills don't work.

Diet supplements in general are a waste of money, and some can be dangerous. Almost all of them come with a diet and exercise plan...and THAT is what does the trick as far as weight loss goes.

As for not liking the taste of green tea, there are TONS of "flavors" out there. You should sample them and find one that you like. And when I say "flavors" I'm talking about tea bags with natural flavorings like jasmine, lemon, etc. NOT the bottled stuff.

Do you mean like buying the tea bags and doing it that way?

I was just wondering because I not only warm up hot water and put green tea bags in it but I also buy the cans of "Diet Green Tea" because they are tasty cold.

Just wondering what your opinion was. You sound like you know what you are talking about. =]
  • cryswest57
    cryswest57 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Green tea is what does the trick! Try just making cold green tea to drink. It boosts your metabolism. It helped my husband's friend get in great shape. He drank a lot of green tea while working out.
  • CrazyTrackLady
    Options
    Green tea is what does the trick! Try just making cold green tea to drink. It boosts your metabolism. It helped my husband's friend get in great shape. He drank a lot of green tea while working out.
    NO, what helped your husband's friend was THE WORKING OUT.
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    Save your money.
  • cryswest57
    Options

Yes, of course it did, but he gained better results by drinking a ton of green tea. He worked out regularly.
  • Factory_Reset
    Factory_Reset Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    For the love of god, NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Everything you do is awesome. I unconditionally support all of your choices.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options

Yes, of course it did, but he gained better results by drinking a ton of green tea. He worked out regularly.

How could anyone possibly know what his results would have been without the green tea?
  • CrazyTrackLady
    Options

Please provide the documented clinical trials/studies that proves green tea helps in weight loss. Until you can, it was the working out.
  • theCarlton
    theCarlton Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    How long have humans been drinking tea, namely green tea? Let's just say since long before humans could write about it. Do you think that by now people would have caught on to this "miracle" weight-loss supplement? It's tasty and it adds interest to your drinking water. The studies done on its ability to help us lose weight and speed up metabolism are worthless because we don't know what else the participants of the study were doing to lose weight. Popping green tea pills seems like a waste of money. Drinking it is cheaper and has other benefits...like it can keep your hands warm.
  • CrazyTrackLady
    Options
    I was just perusing the American Cancer Society's information about green tea. Needless to say, they support it as a possible cancer fighting substance, but NOTHING on there about weight loss. They also warn against excessive intake of the tea due to unpleasant side effects and toxicity concerns.

Meanwhile I'm sure there are PLENTY of websites out there that promote it as weight loss. Why? Because they SELL the products. It's called a marketing program, folks. AND, the companies that make these products do NOT have to get approved by the FDA, so anyone can make any kind of statement about any of their so called "magic pills", and not be held accountable by anyone. How? Because all they have to do is put the words "When used with proper diet and exercise" on the label, and that removes all liability from the magic pill makers.

Please do your research THOROUGHLY before you start posting erroneous information.
  • 00sarah
    00sarah Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I take these! My only supplement. My doctor said they're good because of the antioxidants in them :)
  • cryswest57
    Options

Please provide the documented clinical trials/studies that proves green tea helps in weight loss. Until you can, it was the working out.

Oh my goodness...It worked for him. This is not something to get upset about. Alright, you disagree. It's no biggie. :ohwell:
  • CrazyTrackLady
    Options

Oh my goodness...It worked for him. This is not something to get upset about. Alright, you disagree. It's no biggie. :ohwell:

And I'm trying to tell you it was not the green tea, it was the working out. Please do not attribute your husband's success to something that has NOT been proven effective. I really can't be any more succinct or clearer than this.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options

no, science disagrees. give your hubby a high five for doing WORK and losing fat, not the pills.
  • now_or_never13
    now_or_never13 Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options

And I'm trying to tell you it was not the green tea, it was the working out. Please do not attribute your husband's success to something that has NOT been proven effective. I really can't be any more succinct or clearer than this.

This.

Your husband friend lost weight due to working out and most likely changing his eating habits.

Green tea does not boost your metabolism to anything noticeable. It's something like 50 cals an hour if that and that is only due to the caffiene when it is in your system. Green tea is nothing special and didn't make him lose weight. I should be stick thin if it did with the amount of green tea I drink.
  • Skrib69
    Skrib69 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    I tried green tea as part of a diet many years ago. I only bought one packet of tea, and didn't lose any weight. 'Nuff said!
  • audrycolley
    audrycolley Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have been taking the green tea fat burner pills. In one week I have lost 2lbs. It helps me do my calorie count better and I don't struggle to go work out. I don't have an over abundance of energy. I get the right amount. I love them.